they will have to diversify and have hash cooking - hemp wine - and those little electronic things that ppl using medical mj use to relece the goodies without lighting it on fire.

Say it ain't so. I have been, and I don't think this legislation will change things much. That place is so laid back, no one will care.

I have also been to places in Vancouver that approached that level. People just sittin around smoking - but without the buffet of bud to choose from (or even buy).

man that sucks for anyone backpacking around in europe in the future. bender weekends at coffeeshops in amsterdam provided some great but fuzzy memories of when i studied abroad.

As a city, Amsterdam relies too heavily on people visiting just to have a toke, so any legislation the Dutch government bring in, the coffe shops will find a way around it, for example asking employeees to sign a disclaimer.

The Dutch government recently legalised prostitution, but had all kinds of stupid rules such as the 'customer' must leave a name and address, yeah like that would ever happen,plus all prostitutes must register with the government, another stroke of genius.

As for the experience of Amsterdam, well I was going through my 'Howard Marks is my icon stage' and thought I was the bollox, then I got very stoned and very paranoid and was convinced people were watching me......but I'd advise anyone to visit the place, its so cosmopolitan and one of my favourite cities.

They should replace the hashbars with cheesebars - sure to be fun for all, both young and old. It will surely do wonders for the economy as well as providing the people with the nutritiously nutritious and delicious fix they oh so want.

Kenta-san

They're places in Amsterdam, where you can purchase Marjuiana (aka Pot) at a very reasonable price and smoke it free of hinderance and in the company of friends. Then stumble outside and hug the wall all the way home.