Toilet Seat - Leave it up or put it down ? ?

Agreed Miteyak thats why it doesnt bother me. There is NOTHING worse than sitting down on the cold thin usually damp rim of the bowl in the middle of the night, but really I should have just checked now shouldnt I?

I have to say though any guy that puts the seat down as a consideration for the girls is definately worth a second look!

I could be wrong zwelgen, but I've got a sneaky feeling that by the time a girlies finding out if the chaps a seat down kinda guy, he's probably past the second look...no?

not at all! Its all about "try before you buy". Say youre a mates house and an assorted bunch of friends around for dinner. You decide you need to go to the loo, oh but jimmy isnt here, so Ill just wait till he gets back. He comes back, you go to the loo and the seat and lid is down. Hmm you decide, this guy has class. I think Im gonna talk to him tonight.

many many examples. Esp when you live in the inaka and boozing and eating at peoples houses is about all there is to do. Mate if I had 500 yen for every person thats stayed at mine... Id have a new pair of skis!

nah just something that surprised me a few times and made me look 2x. I also have to say that none of these guys were kiwi so maybe thats saying something!

Not that its essential, just something plesant

Putting the seat down is chivalrous, but the lid... that's downright retentive! Next thing you know 'e'll be following you 'round the house w/ kitchen paper and a handfull of coasters... \:D

Seriously, the lid's a different matter all together. Some think the lid should be left up, to allow the extractor fan to do it's job, some down for tidyness, and some down outta embarrassment for the state of the bowl...

I used to be a lid down chappy, but then I was re-trained on account of trapped gas, released by the next unsuspecting lid lifter...

• 3 weeks later...

just to get it straight

Seat down so the missus doesnt sit on the rim, but lid down is good?

If shes too slow to check the seat position then she wont check the lid position either and she'll end up sitting on the lid right? That cant be good either?

Its a lost cause.