• 2 weeks later...

Pretty happy with it so far. I'm actually enjoying having a bit of summer. Daytime temperatures in Suwa were apparently 14 degrees over Obon, and friends had their stoves out. To hell with that. I don't actually mind good honest heat, and it isn't muggy at all.

The sea views from my office, the azure skies, the mikan groves on the hills, the cooler but still warm nights - nothing to complain of. The house is nice too. Walking barefoot on quality wooden floors is a joy after years of crumbling tatami.

The Impreza's transmission suddenly stopped working, but Subaru are kindly lending us a new one. Getting it fixed may or may not cost a hell of a lot of money.

One of these fine days, I'll have to take myself off to nearby Kumax for a few summer turns...

I like Subaru. Subaru are a very good company, and their people are first rate. Subaru cars may have a few faults, but the company does everything possible to back up the customer.

( ;\) Subaru have come round to our point of view that we shouldn't have to pay a single yen for having our transmission fixed. My unwillingness to trade the Impreza they lent us for a kei so that a new customer could test drive the Impreza might have been a contributing factor to receiving the best 'deal'.)

Time for a new car? Not quite yet. Unless it's a second car...

My exboyfriend was a big fan of Subaru, too.

He loved the sound of it's engine. Yes, the sound is very different from other cars. He had yellow Legacy before and Impreza now(if he still has.) Those car are great if you like or love driving.

I like Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution better when I play car racing game. ;\)

Good heavens, Ocean, I was in Okayama near the giant bridge to Shikoku, from August 3-11...my wife's family lives near Kurashiki and all that you know. It was HOT and sticky. We went up the e-way to some hot spring towns and I was assured it snows up there. Hard to believe. Didn't see any ski resorts, but the surfer vibe was in effect.

It's possible that Mogs and I will be in either or both of BC and Niseko this coming winter. If the planets align correctly perhaps we can coincide.

Congrats on the move and best wishes to you and your brood in your new digs. Keep on keepin' on!

wave.gif

Well howdy, badmigraine. That bridge really puts the 'O' in 'Ohashi' doesn't it?

Matsuyama has had only half the normal amount of summer days this year, but when they're hot, there's no getting around it. Trekking back from the beach to my car yesterday carrying a tent, an eski, wet beachwear, and a rather large inflatable boat, I couldn't help noticing that I could hardly breath and my vision kept swimming in and out of focus.

Unfortunately when I said BC, I meant the non-resort mountains around here rather than British C'lumbia. But I will be going up to Niseko, and I should be delighted to see the old SJ chinas. It won't be long now...