I got "James Bond - The Legacy" for my birthday - good read actually, in depth behind the scenes look at the whole Bond phenom (Fleming, books, movies etC). Interesting.

db, have you read "The Evolution of Cooperation" by Axelrod? It considers how cooperation develops through self-interest using the prisoner's dilemma as proof. You would probably enjoy it.

Ocean, I have not read that one, looks interesting though, thanks. Very timely actually as I have recently started some reading on game theory. I just bought

Prisoner's Dilemma/John Von Neumann, Game Theory and the Puzzle of the Bomb. by Poundstone. Yet to read it. My GF is half way through and enjoying it.

cheers

Just finished Bill O'Reilly's "No Spin Zone" (coffee table material) and just started Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" ...a Christian book.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" ...a Christian book.
Kintaro, not intended as an attack at Christian thinking, but I recently attempted to Read Why I am not Christian by Bertrand Russel. It was a little too much to take in at the time, a second attempt is required. Let us know what the book is like, my GF may be interested in reading it.

hmm, new thread idea.

After finishing lord of the rings I went for some easy fluff read. The typical clancy style but not written by him.

I too ordered the harry potter book. I read it at first to understand what my students were talking about but now Im hooked.

Going to buy some avie books when I head home to Canada in 2 weeks.