Oh its not as if Japan has a mortgage on mngt foolishness. We've got plenty in Oz as well.

What upsets me the most is micro mngt. Our MD gets involved in every last decision on every last point of detail for every issue all the time. Its a real motivation killer and people are leaving because of it.

From my experience people just want to come to work each day, do good work and get some satisfaction out of it. Under this regime its impossible. I know procedures and checks have to be put in place to guard against the odd bad apple which is fine. But once those checks are in place, let people get on with their jobs!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the people I work with is one of these people who always seems to think that if he talks with me it has to be a culture conversation. Like, "do you have this in the US?", "you don't eat sushi in the US, do you?" all that kind of subject. It gets tiring, especially after more than a year of the same questions. He asks the same thing over and over again, and never apparently listens to my weary answers.

• 2 weeks later...