What a coincidence! I've been looking at properties in Byron Bay too! I'm just waiting for word on the disturbing goings on in the Australian church before I make my final decision...

Would you really want to live in a "gated community" I dont think I could be bothered with stopping at the gate, the problems for my visitors or the paranoid snobby neighbors.

Good choice db. I've spent just about every summer since i knew what sunburn was at Lennox Head - i'm guessing you know where that is. Funnily enough that's where i plan to buy my retirement home. Although for that to happen i need Mr Greenspan to pull a very big rabbit out of the hat.....a very big one!

I'll be here for summer....bring it on!

Lennox is great. I am also looking there and Suffolk Park.

Jared - only a very small, very expensive fraction of Byron is gated (except NYE when the whole town can be fenced off).

Ocean - there are lost of alternative deviants in Byron, best take care! ;\) :p

As for Summer in Tokyo - at least the rush hour trains are less crowded for a week or so around Obon.

Where's Suffolk Park? Is that what they call the newly built area between Lennox and Ballina?

When we first started going to Lennox 25 years ago there was nothing but bush between the two....hasn't it absolutely taken off! The olds looked at buying a house on the beach at Lennox all that time ago but decided to invest in shares at the time instead. The shares went bust and the house they were looking at is worth a fortune.....its a cruel world!! lol.gif

I certainly do not know the Lennox area as well as you. I have only been there a few times. Enough to get a sea urchin spine in my foot when negotiating the rocks at the point. It was a good surf though.

Suffolk Park is just south of Byron, along Tallows Beach towards Lennox (which strangely is not marked on this map).

(I removed the map as it had a big copyright warning on it)

map

Now i'm becoming nostalgic. Natsukashiiii!

For the couple of years prior to becoming regulars at Lennox, Brunswick Heads was our spot. My family is from Mullumbimby/Lismore, also marked on the map (still there?). Great area, great memories...especially the New Year Eve parties of the late 80's/early 90's!

I would thoroughly recommend a "stroll" up Mt Warning if you've got the time.

been gone for a little while and back for a little while again.

cant get enough of the tokyo lifestyle.. fashion, crazy young people, food, the city just never dies and i havent had to go to roppongi since the world cup final.

what cities have you been to that are as good as tokyo..if you like the big city thing? :p