You have a mountainboard? What kind?

I was in that area in the late 80s before mountainboarding took off in the UK, but there were a few mountainbikers out riding the hills around Sheffield way.

If you want some info about places to ride around there, this site might be good;

http://www.atbsports.co.uk/

MBS Razor.

a freestyle type 4W board. bought it at the X-Games a few years ago and it rides everywhere.

in another post someone was saying you cant ride them on the road..not true, these are like glue on the road but without brakes it get really scary.

i was going to bring it to japan but they weigh to much and couldnt find enough info on the net about where to ride. if you still want to go to fujiten??(you said you were going there in may i think) this summer i'll be u for the ride.

I went to Fujiten and had some fun (report coming up soon I hope), and I'd like to go again, but I'm moving to Shikoku soon so I won't have time.

Know what you mean about scary on the road. I tried my Outback on a slight tarmac slope and the thing just took off. There were cars around too which didn't help with the terror factor.

I sometimes wish I was living in England again for the active ATB scene there.

• 2 weeks later...