We had our local natsu matsuri this last weekend, complete with fireworks.

Does anyone else find the Japanese style of the firework display just DULL!?

1 goes up, pow - looks nice.

Wait a minute.

Then an introduction to the next firework that goes something like this:

"Firework number 2, this lovely firework is sponsored by Sato Stationaty Store on the main street of the town who stock all the latest pencils and erasers for your stationary life. Make sure to visit them next time. Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu gozaimasu ダブルyoroshiku!"

Then whooosh....nice firework.

Then the intro to number 3, etc etc.

It took about 90 minutes.

Oh how spectacular it would have been if all that lot had gone up in 20 minutes. As it was, it got boring and repetitive. wakaranai.gif

Am I the only one, or just being a miserable bugger?! \:\)

In Japan I prefer to watch from a distance so not to hear the garbage! I have watched the nagoya port fireworks from a boat a few times and that was good, but without music it seemed too long and a little tideous (spell?)

Dunno what yer talking about...

Being an Osaka lad meself, the local firework displays are world class, phenomenal fireworks, brilliantly orchestrated, and of a length and intensity the likes of which i've never seen before...

Dunno what yer talking about...

Being an Osaka lad meself, the local firework displays are world class, phenomenal fireworks, brilliantly orchestrated, and of a length and intensity the likes of which i've never seen before...

fukdane, I can imagine what it's like (love the description), but I have seen some good local ones. My mother in law's town suddenly decided that they were going to be a backwater no longer and started introducing all sorts of novelties, including a full-on summer festival with massive fireworks. The coordinate it to start just as the taiko drumming performance ends.

It's 30 minutes of non-stop banging and whizzing, with no talk whatsoever. They have some fairly new types of fireworks as well.

They set them off in about 20 little bunches down the road in Matsukawa, with each one being announced along with seven or eight sponsors. Most of them were called "nani-go tokudai sutaa main ("super star mine No #")

Maybe I should sponsor a "Space Station Number Five".

If the weather's good and there's enough wind to carry the smoke away, the big displays are mega. Mega traffic though.

Fireworks!

That's my favorite! Almost every week, every beach near my home town has fireworks.

I went to the Matsuri at Yasukuni jinja the other night. I caught 6 goldfish!

Am I the champion? clap.gif

I love big fireworks displays, they are really cool. The bigger the better. I can imagine that 1 firework a minute with a lengthy intro might get real tiresome though!

No doubt Davo, Osaka has the ripsnorting fireworks, especially PL on the 1August. Te worlds biggest annual display 120000 pieces,

thats about 33 a second! not too bad! and some of them are massive heartshaking monsters

• 2 weeks later...

I and my friends escaping from our office and going to the beach now.

We'll enjoy beautiful fireworks tonight!! ;\)

I think there is a hare-onnna in my group!

I hope to take a trip to see one of those really big displays sometime....tired of the 1 by 1, each sponsored by the local shop gig (another display in neighbouring town last night) \:o

The fireworks last night was the 1 by 1 and very simple. I liked it, it was just like for the local people. My friend is going to see the biggest size fireworks in Niigata in September. She said it has about 800m big fireworks!

I'm going to see another fireworks this Sunday.