I've seen both series of The Office. It's painfully real in parts, but is very funny. An all-time great, I reckon.

I've only seen a couple of episodes on a Virgin flight, but I didn't think as much of Alan Partridge. I couldn't get into Royston Varsey either.

I like Reeves and Mortimer myself. Some of the daft, surreal stuff they do is hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

re: Sex in the City - lads....there are some definate home truths in this program. Wanna understand women abit better?...consider this program a once-a-week tutorial! Its all true really!!

As for me...it's been known to crack me up but the fashion...well...nuff said.

All in all i like it cause it's caused a huge fuss about the image of older women.....and made society look at changing it's view of slightly older women as unkept housewives who need a good shagging to...pretty damned sexy.

ahem....and seeing as i am fast approaching 30...aheeeem...it makes me smile to think that when i hit that mile stone it WILL NOT suddenly make me cut my hair short, put on 20lbs and start wearing slippers and trackies to the supermarket

...thus....ensuring my shaggability well into my 30's!! *crosses fingers*

ps. seinfields a classic

I finally saw my very first episode of it last week. It had some funny moments and some silly/stupid ones, but then I'm not a major sitcom fan anyway. However I think it's great that the women don't look like models. I get so sick of movies/TV/whatever where the lead (ie sexy or sexual) women always have to look stunning and have to look like they're under 35. If men are disappointed that the women don't look like what they call babes, take a moment and look at how conditioned we have become if we believe that lead actresses being sexual must be babes, or else we don't even want to watch them, no matter how good their acting is. Certainly nothing wrong with preferring to see stunning women (and men), but when it becomes an exclusive club at the expense of those who aren't as stunning, then I think there's a problem cos it means we're getting too hooked on visuals and not content. Think of what it's like for us women - there aren't anywhere near so many truly stunning male actors compared to the percentage of stunning female actresses, there's a few nice ones, but we continually see lead men that don't do it for us making out with women again and again and again. Boy, if the men had to look as gorgeous as the women do on screen there'd be a lot of great male actors out of work, just as there are undoubtedly a lot of unknown great female actors that will never see the light of day.