Anyone else getting annoying telephone sales calls recently?

There have been quite a few coming in here the last few weeks - "do you want to buy a mansion", "interested in buying shares", etc etc - sometimes as late as 930 in the evening. Very very annoying - and they are SOOOOOO persistant as well.

This last one basically slammed the phone down on me. I had first of all politely told him that I wasn't interested. But he carried on. Then I told him a second time in a less patient manner. Still carried on spewing sales crap. 3rd time rather annoyed - and he SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN as if I were the one intruding on his privacy eek.gif eek.gif

mad.gif mad.gif

i ofen don't bother to turn on the telephone ringer. I get enough (not thousands, just enough) unsolicited calls to warrant screening. However when one catches me I just talk in English and say no thanks, and wakarimasen, and hang up on them. Or if they keep talking I just keep saying wakirimasen and eventually they get the picture. Best ploy is don' even let them start talking to you. Or I'll be saying - how did you get my phone number? Can I have your phone number so that I can call you at home? (All of this in English with a Japanese accent.... ) Also, in situations like this I'm lucky cos my nihongo sucks anyway, so I could never really get drawn into a conversation as I simply can't understand it.

I've had a few and seen a few Japanese deal with them as well. Ultra polite, didn't just tell them to bugger off. Result? They were talking and listening to sales talk for 5 mins or so. I was there saying like just tell them to bugger off will ya?

A sales call late in the evening/night certainly is not on. mad.gif

Funny I just had one yesterday shortly after reading this. I said "Do you speak English" and he slammed down the phone without a word almost before I finished saying it-ruude ass mutha F***kas.

• 3 weeks later...

I had one on Monday night. Well, I think that's what it was, they were going on about a mansion and continuing for a while even though I spoke some very bad 'wakaranai', 'Eigo ok' Japanese to him. A very strange conversation indeed.

• 2 weeks later...