Oh..thats why they have big hair, designer everything (generalisation i know but there are more designer labels in Japan than i've ever seen), an attraction to look super brown/orange (Shibuya,Shinjuku and Harajuku) via excessive suntan studio time and spend too much time applying make-up wherever is possible ..train,restaurant,fast-food place. Maybe its where i used to live but i think Japanese people stand out more than any race of people i've ever seen. saying that i like the individualism of the younger crowd.

I find it refreshingly sexy when a Japanese girl wears a good perfume (not too much mind).

Going back home it seems some people take a bath in the stuff its so powerful. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by neversummer:
i like the individualism of the younger crowd.
Are you serious in seeing individual behaviour in the younger crowd??

To me, The more they try to be an individual, the more they dress/act etc like robotic clones.

Again, a little bit of a generalisation, but like most other 'roles' in Japanese society, there is a formula that describes 'young individualism'.

(keep in mind these generalisations are based on my seeing people, not knowing them. Perhaps I would think differently if I knew them).

aaah, at last someone mentions the bath.

perfume is for people who smell bad.

if u smell bad, wear perfume.

if u smell good then nothing best.

a nice clean person smells great. anything heavier than perfume left behind by shampoo is overkill.

i see no reason for perfume. kirai.

What i meant db was that Japanese youth have a very different outlook on conforming with society. When you next venture to Sydney, NY, Paris have a look at how people dress. If its not 'cool' then you're not 'cool'. I love how you can get a way with anything in Japan, boots with mini skirt, beret and j-pop t-shirt.

You wear that in Australia and people think you would be better committed to an institute.

Admittedly it is very 'Japanese' and there is no way I'd go for some of their looks but I think it adds to the whole experience of a city like Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally posted by neversummer:
I love how you can get a way with anything in Japan,....

Yes. I agree on that point to a fair extent. I do like the way I can dress however I like and it never really gets a second look.

Mind you, if I step out of the formula assigned to a 31 year old business man I get told about it pretty fast, and not just by the people at work (from whom you would expect such feedback).

So have you worn a miniskirt and boots lately?
;\)
  • 2 weeks later...