Feast your eye's on what?! That map suggests that all of Turkey is in Europe, which is rubbish, Turkey like Russia is partly Europe and partly Asia, even if they do join the EU!!!!!

That's the problem with imposing set paramiters....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
Feast your eye's on what?! That map suggests that all of Turkey is in Europe, which is rubbish, Turkey like Russia is partly Europe and partly Asia, even if they do join the EU!!!!!

What are you on about Matthews? take a closer look! Look at the thick line the delinates Europe, Turkey is an the other side of that line! Most of Russia and Turkey are designated Asia.

Interestingly a small bit of Kazakhstan is in Europe. This a geographic not Political map

right u are Kamo! Please from now on only colour coded maps for me.....I'm a bit thick u see.

Besides it does bring up a good point, should Turkey be allowed to join the EU? It'll be the only muslim contry in it,have the secound biggest population, increase the ethnic diversity, challenge the "christian" values that the EU designates as its official grounds for moral guidance and last but not least let us (EU citizens) bring back loads more cheap fags and booze when we go on holiday! clap.gif

As an impartial, imagine the influx of turkish immigrants in european countries. I lived in Germany for a while and they are strongly against it. There are already 4-5 million Turkish people living in Germany and they fear a massive increase if Turkey is allowed which with their, the Germans, economy would be disasterous. I don't think it would be the 2nd biggest population for long as many would head for wesern europe and the opportunities that lie there.

The capital is in Asia and 95% of the counrty is in the Asian continent so how do they qualify for inclusion into the EU?

isn't greenland in north america? what about the mid east- asia? east asia and west asia seems so different. and what continent would you classify pacfic islands like new zealand and papua- australasia? thats how its done in risk. also in the game, russia is in asia.

Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
isn't greenland in north america?
Greenland is a dependency of Denmark. So politically it is an extension of Europe. Geographically it would appear to be in closer to Nth America.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bowler:
i think that the interesting thing about the map is kazakhstan. never knew part of that was classed as europe!!! is it???
Its the part of Kazakhstan that is west of the Ural river, so as zooki said before west of the Urals Mtns and the Ural river too is in Europe