Quote:
"I got a boning playlist on my iPod for when I have sex" - P.Diddy
lol.gif

The Pod really has revolutionized the world of portable music. When I went home for a couple weeks I just brought my pod and tape adapter and had my entire music library with me in my car for all the driving around. I used to go to the trouble of deciding what cds I wanted to take on a trip...no more.

wave.gif Yes I am a poddict.

I did that last time I was in Oz - had the tape adaptor, only to find that the car I rented didn't have have a damn tape deck mad.gif Only CD player. (and no CD adaptors to be found anywhere). Next time I go back I'll buy one of those FM transmitters and play it off the radio.

I agree that it's sure better than carrying a bunch of MDs or cassettes around with me....

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
(name card to you non-japanese residents).
business card for those who had never heard of the english term 'name card' until they came to japan ;\)

I should add that it is amazing. It "only" holds 1000 songs. Some will say that 10,000 songs is not enough, but I reckon that is crap. :p

This just might be the thing that gets me into the pod world (after which I will lose it, break it or my dog will eat it).

You're legally allowed to copy a CD ("audio recording" is probably closer to the corrrect term) that you own for your own personal use. (for someone else's personal use of course is another story lol.gif - but hey - that's as natural as running water). Itunes and iPod would've been caught up in a legal scam if this wasn't the case as copying your CD collection to the iPod was it's major selling point before the iTunes Music Store came around.

I think it's just one copy but I'm not 100% sure of that, that probably pertains to one particular media. For instance if you want one on MD, one on cassette and one on your iPod I'm sure that's not illegal.

I think this runs the same for videos and DVDs that you purchase.

hope I don't offend the iPod camp but...

check out the Rio Nitrus...they have a new 4gb model...

Rio miniPod

HD: 4GB 4GB

Dim: 3.0x2.4x0.6 3.6x2.0x0.5

Bat: 16hr/charge 8hr/charge

Wght: 2oz 3.06oz

audio: mp3, wma mp3, aac

price: $249 $249

I got a rio Karma recently (20gb) and have been very impressed...great player and much cheaper than the ipod version...battery life alone should be an eye-opener for the minipod battle...

danz

Yeah, that's the one Nekobi. On my list of things to get before my next Oz trip.

Danz - same price, same size as the new mini iPod. Battery life? hmmmm. could be good. But - will it sync with iTunes?

sunrise...

i dont think anything non-apple will sync up with itunes...but there are plenty other media juke-box players out there that are just as good...

also, apple has a very tight pricing scheme...meaning its hard to find deals for much less than what is on the official apple web-site...the rio (and other manufacturers) on the other hand, will drop in price quickly (I got my karma for like 100 bucks cheaper than the official web-site figure)...my guess is the rio will be cheaper...

danz