I just heard Smap singing live on the tv. I was shocked at just how really really bad they were. It was well below the average karaoke with mates performance.

I just wanted to share that.

Have a good weekend.

wave.gif

Momo was saying the same thing while we were watching it...funny thing is - they sold 2 million copies of their 1500 yen single last year. If they only made a $1 each off each copy, they're a hell of a lot richer than I am even if they can't sing...I think its their personality mix that sells the most..

Wow, 2 million copies. Japan must be the biggest singles market by loads.

Funny isn't it?

Personality mix + Shite singing = sells records.

Nagpants,

yeah, I wonder that too - along with all the other hundereds of shows they do and appear on. Saw them in Miyoshi and it was a shocker. No BLOKES!!! Guess you can understand why though. It sure made for nice eye candy that day with that 50,000:1 ratio was the best Ive ever experienced \:D

They suck as singers, along with 2/3 of the other Japanese artists. Most cant even play an instrument... confused.gif Not to mention that their live shows are the EXACT same as their CDs. Very little live talent in this wakaranai.gif country. wakaranai.gif

I wonder how long they are going to continue dressing in matching outfits, dancing choreographed to little teeny-bopper not even mature enough to be called a boy-band style music. They are like the oji-san's of morning musume music.

The older they get the funnier they are.