Whats the most cm of snow that you see on top of moving car? In Hakuba I saw about 80cm of snow on top of a car - a moving car! I wonder if it is illegal or soething?! It looked really funny. I should take the picture of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by nori-chan:
Whats the most cm of snow that you see on top of moving car? In Hakuba I saw about 80cm of snow on top of a car - a moving car! I wonder if it is illegal or soething?! It looked really funny. I should take the picture of it.
It's basically illegal on US military bases here in Japan, but I'm not sure about everywhere else in the country. If you think about it, it is pretty dangerous and stupid. Let's see - metal car (or plastic for a lot over here), heater most likely cranking in those conditions, frame heats up, snow begins to slightly melt, brakes slammed on or gas peddle stomped on - snow is either flying forward or backwards, either covering your windshield or flying into the poor sap behind you. Being a snow lover, I'll admit it looks cool, but it's just not the smartest thing to go driving around with 5cm + on your car.

I've got some pictures of my Toyota Surf with over 50cm of snow on it from last year \:\) I sent that around to plenty of people. This year, however, 10cm has been the most it's collected. Crap winter down low so far.

I once saw what must have been a full meter on top of one of those small farmer white vans. It looked hilarious. I think we should all try and get some pics of this phenom...

The most I've had on my car is about 60cm - that was one time we spent the day at Kagura last season, early Jan I think it was. 60cm had fallen from when we got there at 8am to when we got back to the car around 5pm.

• 2 weeks later...