Sanyo Xacti pocket camcorder - anyone tried it?

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/products_e.html

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/dsc/E/c1/spec.html

Anyone tried this really small no-tapes camcorder? The Xacti VPC-C1

It looks real cool, I wonder what the quality is like. Are they impressive specs? Will it be as good as a normal tape camera?

Tried to find one in local shops yesterday without luck.

OK almost embarrased about asking this, but... (please be gentle) \:\)

My notebook has a DVD drive. It says DVD Rom on the side.

If I had a digicam like the one above, and the right software, could I create DVDs??

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by rachael:
OK almost embarrased about asking this, but... (please be gentle) \:\)

My notebook has a DVD drive. It says DVD Rom on the side.

If I had a digicam like the one above, and the right software, could I create DVDs??

Thanks
sorry Rachael, your drive is ROM - Read only Memory. so it can read but not record.
You would need a drive that said DVD-R or DVD-RW
, you can buy one (20000yen) and plug it into your notebook via the USB.
HOpe that was gentle enough

;\)

I took a look at this thing at the weekend - really really small it is. Looks like a phaser gun thing of startrek or something? The picture seemed fine, but the bloke at the shop also warned about the media being expensive. He didn't seem to be too excited about it actually.

First impressions - really good actually. It's a tiny tiny thing, my hand almost completely covers it. The pics it takes are good, the video seemed fairly decent (much better than my handicam vid you can take on memory sticks, but not as good as the normal tape vid) and it's really easy to connect to the PC. You can also have all the menus in English if you want (and about 5 other languages) and even the "voice guidance" is in English when you set it to English. (That gets turned off almost right away of course).

But it seems really cool actually. More when I've actually played around with it more.

I had a play around with it in the local leccy shop this last weekend. It certainly is small. It was hooked up to a PC as well and the movies it were churning out weren't bad at all either, photos pretty much normal for a digicam.

Nice present to get!

Bit of an update. I havent has that much time this week, but played around with it quite a bit and I really like it. For the size of the thing, it does really really well. Connected to a tv the picture is fair (not as good as a handicam) and you can easily make vids and dvds.

I cant get over how tiny the thing is, you really can put it in your pocket so its really convenient.

Another good thing is everythings in the box - no 2000 yen extra for the case, 2000 yen extra for the cables, etc - its all in there. (Well, the memory card that comes with it is like 20 seconds worth (!)...)

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a bit more time with it the last week. It's pretty cool, although if you want a really hi-q vid you need a handicam. But it's a tidy little (tiny) machine.