don't know of the movement, but have been aware for some time that this world aint the place i'd most like to be. the only societies i think i would like to be part of are rapidly being eaten up by globalisation and consumer culture. and i, to my own discredit, am nothing but a part of the cancer.

I want to live in a world with first tracks of some deeeeep powpow daily. A world where I can ski in pow every day, 365 days a year, and soak in nice konyoku routenburo \:D A world without work, without pollution and global warming, and without music on the slopes!!!

I cant beleive that music on the hill is such an issue. I think you need to find something more important to worry about. I would rather have good music than no music and my feelings toward bad music are the same as to no music - not an issue.

This world isn't so bad, but there are some bad happenings. many of these are linked to the struggle between the old and new. Many recent developments give rise to future hopes, but old world powers, be it oil might, American Imperialism, nationalism, religion, are bent on protecting their interests.

I like to (have to) believe that the current strifes are the last violent throws of old world domination, with the world, basically, on a positive track.

slow - can you explain what this 'another world' thing is? you seem to be suggesting that its some kind of movement or group or something.

A Movement of Movements: Is Another World Really Possible? > Customer Review #1:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Must Read for Activists Everywhere!

With this work, Tom Mertes has provided the progressive community with a concise and insightful overview of both the challenges facing the myriad rivers of struggle against globalization as they seek to join in any kind of unity against G8 hegemony, and in turn the various approaches to overcoming these obstacles. The title of the book poses the question of the possibility of another, implicitly better, world; the various papers and interviews within, provided by the brightest lights of todays left, offer that hope. The publication and distribution of this book in and of itself stands as a victory over the ideological tyranny of U.S. neoliberalism, especially now, and as such will certainly inspire anyone who cares at all about the fate of our world.

-Anti-

IMF

WB

WTO

G8

I was tired of just saying NO WAR and criticizing the US government.

Nothing starts from this... And thinking, reading,,,

I think you will find movements around you if you look around.

Even I could realize some movements around me and began learning.

Actually, I just enjoy peaceful events with nice music and tasty organic food in Tokyo. ;\)

-Pro-

Fair trade

Social money

Tobin tax

and more...