Poor girl.

-----

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her first child, a girl called Apple. lol.gif

The Hollywood star underwent a long labour before delivering her first born at a London hospital on Friday.

Gwyneth and her husband Chris Martin, front man in the band Coldplay, have named their daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin.

The baby weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces and both mother and baby were said to be doing well.

Ecstatic

Chris Martin said: "We are 900 miles over the moon, and we'd like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after us amazingly."

A spokesman for the couple confirmed everything had gone to plan.

"Apple Blythe Alison Martin was born in London after a long labour, on 14 May, and weighed 9lb 11oz," she said.

Not such a bad name. Better than being called John.

What gets me is the habit of advising the babies weight. I can anly assume that it means something to other parents, cause it means bugger all to me. Surely it isnt an indication of health? There are better ways to indicate health, for example "the baby is healthy". Seems to work well.

Second to advising weight is advising the time of birth. That might be a magical moment in time for the parents, but for everyone else.....

Tradition sucks.

Could be worse...could have been Cherry...just think of the wee lads poking fun! lol.gif

At least apple brings pleasent thoughts to mind....bright, healthy, sweet. (well for those who like apples anyway)

Standing in the vege section of a supermarket with an ex gf I commented that if she was a vegetable she would be a turnip. It was meant as a joke. I have actually been known to describe more appealing women as being like apples.