True words EnderZ. Nothing like a Charging Landcruiser pulling a Double Horse Float smacking you around the head, throwing you high and over before spitting you down the road, to make one reflect a little more deeply on the meaning of it all. Got up to ride another day, but left me with a kinda "you know sweet f.a." attitude when I see some of the no-brains white knuckling it and those with brains who think invincibility is a birthright or sumpin. lol.gif

250!!!!wow thats fast in a tunnel!!!a few years ago my dad attended a fatal bike accident outside of Christchurch. A dude ( married with kids) had just bought a 1000cc Kawazaki roadbike and was winding her out on a straight empty country road. They think he doing 260-280kph when a car went through an intersection, never seeing him.... he T boned the car flew 20 metre through the air and hit a concrete powerpole.....at 260kph........he completely removed all the concrete from the pole at the impact point, leaving only reinforcing and bent the pole too.

His head was found intact in its helmet a 100 metres away, his legs were found near the pole, the rest of him disintergrated.

Be careful all you guys on big road bikes

Kamo that sounds really really heavy mate.

I know this guy who was a cop and he often had to crash scenes and help clean up and evaluate the scene. He did it for nearly 10 years before he had a mental breakdown and just couldn't do it anymore. This is the kind if guy that you never think could have a breakdown. Big, tough, hardcore guy. It just got to him afetr a while. he's told me some pretty horrific stories over the years, just my mental image of the scenes made me sick, let alone actually being there.

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
No speed freak here.
Hey Fatty

Just tell us once again, what speed did you make it up to in that straight-line skiing contest in Canada? I seem to remember it being more than enough to pass Danz on the roads of Tsukaba. \:D

And er, what was it you were wearing at the time? Wasn't it a "NO FEAR" T shirt or something.... lol.gif
  • 3 weeks later...

I just sold my Yamaha BWS/R 50cc scooter. That thing was so much fun to drive. I had it for 3 years and didn't crash once. It had a top speed of 70km/h even up to 90 on a good hill or as slow as 50 with a strong headwind.

The reason I sold it other than because I'm moving to Japan is that

-I got more and more annoyed having to spend the extra time getting prepaired

-driving in the rain

-smelling like exaust

-looking like a dork. I felt cool at first but soon realized how dorky I looked

-being cold all the time execpt for summer

I like cars better and mine isn't that bad on gas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice to see the thread i started still going strong

i'm out on my 2 bikes nearly every day, keeps the snobo dreams at bay

went to the buel showroom, definetely gonna buy one of those babies