Well its either Discovery or National Geographic. Theres a guy on a program there, his name is Ian Wright (sp?) - and he is just so annoying. But he seems to have fans there and people who like his style. Anyone else seen him? Is he just stoned all the time or what?

i think he's pretty popular in canada. he writes for some travel magazines aswell. i know he writes a column in "outpost" and in writing he isnt half bad.

but i know what you mean about the annoyingness.

I could stand him in a paper form but drives me nuts.

Next time you see his " Ian Wright" live show, count how many times he says "yeah" in a sentance.

I went for a beer "yeah" & I saw this chick "yeah" and "yeah" "yeah" "yeah" "yeah" friks me off!

In the wrong mood he can be annoying, but I don't mind him. Different from the normal documentary style and he gets to some interesting places. I wonder how he got to be doing that though in the first place.

I enjoy his dry straight off the street style. No big airs (?) and graces, no smoothies - just unkempt Ian.

I imagine he's the same of screen.

Coincidentally, this topic came up recently in a chin wag with a group of us foreigners and it seemed the U.S. companions amongst us were most negative towards "oi wotsizname - ian".

Not able to tune in with the laddish isle persona & accent I thought.

Look forward to the next dusty frog & toad. Cheers Ian. \:\)

i like how he has been everywhere but doesnt brag about it etc like most travel buffs. hes not particularly funny but hes watchable. the other lonely planet presenters suck too, with the exception of that arty guy who did a great show from somewhere in the US.