Footie poll - club or country?

Club or country?

With Euro 04 coming up an' all.

While I really like watching England games (they're on when there's no club activity anyway), the progress of the club is much more important to me.

Goes without saying - both.

But club is much more fun, and less disappointments in my case lol.gif --- well maybe this year was.

I'm a country man - the games are so rare and special and of a higher standard etc that they are much more exciting to me.

I think this raises a seperate point though. Football clubs these days have lost all notion of 'locality' - in that the players no longer come from the local town, and often even come from foreign countries. The only thing local about clubs is that they play in the same place every week (Although I wonder how long it will be before we follow the Americans and start to even move the clubs from town to town). My point being, supporting a club should be a tribal/local pride thing, but when your club is full of people that are not from your tribe/locality then it is hard to support them.

In this respect, I find England easier to support, because at least all the players are English (if not the manager anymore).

The "blasted foreigners" thing aside, club footie is much more fun - for a start there are so many more games and they actually begin to gel like a team. Unlike country teams who play a handful of games in a normal year and hardly know each other.

The team is bigger than any player. Wherever they come from, I don't really mind. As long as they're MUQ (Man Utd Quality) \:\)

I am exicted about Euro 04 and if they do well it will be ace. But I would prefer my club to repeat the triple.

clap.gif

Both. But they're always at different time so we can do that cant we.

Club footie is much more involved and much more of it though, so it takes up far more of our time. I don't care if someone is from round the corner of Highbury or South America - don't make no odds if they have the Gunners shirt on.