I've been watching The Tour religiously the last 2 weeks. Lance is the real thing. Screw nationalistic pride, Armstrong and his team of riders just simply dominate the field. It must hurt to some.

I was a bit dissapointed to hear that some German and French fans were spitting at him. I guess during todays time trial, he was getting booed too. I didn't know that British soccer hooligans were attending the race. One of, if not the best rider to ever race in The Tour, and these Euro mucks are giving him shit? I doubt you all saw it, but his statements after his victory today were classic. Pretty much American Bravado. All the Euros have done is piss him off more.

Go Lance! We believe brutha! \:D

Check out my signature, I have had it there for ages now, says it all.

Coolest TV shots were from the time trial,the hill climbing one a few days ago, the TV camera was directly behind the rider and it apppeared the rider was perpetually riding headfirst into a thick wall of people who suddendly parted within milliseconds of the approaching rider, amazing footage, mesmerising to watch. The chase cars were constantly honking their horns to clear an even wider path through the throngs who parted just enough to allow the rider to pass. It must have hair raising for the drivers.

Those guys are machines, I could keep pace for a couple of minutes and then I would be spent, how they keep it up is phenomenal!

Also followed it everyday. While watching it, definitely got the sense of history in the making. So this is what it was like when Hinault, Merckx, Indurain and Anquetil ruled the peloton.

Sadly, idiotic fans are nothing new. Merckx got punched once by a spectator, someone once threw a book at Hinault's head during the TT, etc.

Anyway, the new Pro-Tour format for next year's cycling season will be interesting, hope to see Lance try his hand at more of the Classics. It'd be great to see him win Paris-Roubaix, etc.

I stayed up late last night to watch the final stage. It was worth it.

I bow to you Lance. What a freaking stud. clap.gif

sidenote - I think it was stage 17 where they said over 1 million spectators were lined up along the route eek.gif That's nuggin futz!

I'm actuall surprised that more incidents between fans and the riders don't happen. Kamo - I love those shots where the crowd is parting. Crazy man \:\)