Is this stupid or what?

Someone I know is looking to buy a tv system.

The cost in the shops is about 200,000 yen.

On rakuten you can find it for 150,000 yen, including shipping and all the rest.

If he buys it in the shop, they will deliver it on Friday next week (waiting for stock).

If he buys it on rakuten, it will more than likely arrive on Tuesday.

He insists on buying it at the shop, however much I tell him that it is "safe" and there are no problems in buying from a shop online.

Is this stupid? If not, why not? I don't know, it just seems a bit mad to me.

Alot of people here still think the internet is dodgy and think that they are getting "service" if they buy from a shop.

My mother in law has bought many a thing from a shop when i have offered to get it from Kakaku.com for sometimes 4-5man off.

then again some people just don't care either confused.gif

Hey thanks, guys. I'll check it out. I only knew about kakaku. Actually I bought my latest printer off kakaku. So Kakaku is the same type of thing as Rakuten with different stores? I can't read any of the nihongo (shame on me!), I just type what I need into the search engine and go from there.

I just took a peek and did a sample search for the same printer, and it came up with all kinds of accessories and even artwork(?) - not sure, just looked at the small pics and prices. Kakaku only comes up with the actual product you type in which might be easier for an illiterate like me to navigate. Still, I'll definitely check it out up there on my next purchase. thanks. I'm on the lookout for some 6 hour DV camera batteries and a wide angle lens for the new Panasonic DV cam. My father recently bought it and my parents are coming to Japan this week for a couple of weeks and he wants to get the extras here (cheaper), so as soon as he gives me some model numbers etc I'm going to do some searching.

You're right. My folks just send me an email with all the specific model numbers for the accessories, and I tried it and got answers on rakuten, but nothing came up on Kakaku. Couldn't find any info on the batteries, though. They may have a different model number in Japan. They want a video rainjacket, stereo zoom mic and light as well as batteries. These others are all available. Of course the best way is to buy everything at the same place to save on shipping.

If anyone here has too much time to kill and is able to find these please let me know:

Panasonic 6-hour battery CGA-DU21 2040 mah

Panasonic 4-hour battery CGA-DU14 1360 mah 

thankx