I have just spend nearly 40 minutes at the bank. It wasn't anything difficult that I needed doing just to make a payment thats all. It's busy so I had to wait a while to get to the counter and when I did the lady took everything and told me to wait.

And wait I did.

While I was sat there waiting for her to get to work on my stuff, more than 10 other people went up to her and offloaded their documents or whatever eek.gif So basically she had almost no chance of getting any work done at all. That really bugs me about the banks here - I wish they would just deal with one person at a time, then the next one instead of this what I think is a very silly procedure where everyone takes their stuff up to the counter. Have they not heard of nice queues? mad.gif

That's because dim, low-paid counter lady has to go and explain everything to educated, highly-paid suit matey and get his authorization. There are obvious flaws in this system, but it's more than educated, highly-paid suit matey's job is worth to do anything about it. And anyway, he likes the feeling of manliness it gives him.

Going to banks in England and queuing up to have the teller be rude to you isn't that great either.

It was pretty funny to see how Cuban people wait in the office of Aerocaribbean. It seemed like when they decided to go to travel agency or bank today, they can wait all day. They can enjoy waiting for everything everywhere. I like them. ;\)

Quote:
Going to banks in England and queuing up to have the teller be rude to you isn't that great either.
Definitely. At least you have an idea of how long it will take though, and you're prepared for the abuse from the helpful staff.