Every season I get a good dose of grease dripping on my jacket from various chair lifts. Really annoying. Are some lift operators a bit heavy handed on how much of the stuff they use? Anybody else got the same problem?

I Must be really unlucky, I tend to get 1-2 stains per season. I have gotten them in Jan and Feb as well. It is my personal observation, but to me it seems happo is heavy-handed on the stuff.

I think I get it when the chair goes through the railings of the pylon.

I guess it probably depends on the viscosity of the stuff as well. Wonder if there is a standard in the quality being used.

never got it at happo and I skied there lots cause the compny I woked for had passes for there. what chair got you?

Greaseing the cable reduces friction, which reduces heat and wear on the cable. the cable should be greased quite liberily (spelling) taking at least half a day to a full day to do it. if you touch the cable you will get really messy.

sometimes the lifts at Kandatsu drop grease, though haven't experienced it at Kagura.

btw, went down to Kyushu for a couple days, cherry blossoms are already starting there. hope you guys have good time touring in Tateyama.

although it has never happened to me, i did hear of a case where it happened to someone(in oz i fink) and they complained. they received compensation. replacement value of tha jacket from memory...

woudnt hurt to mention it to mountain management, ya might get dry cleaning costs at tha very least confused.gif

be like shirl...give it a whirl

FT, I never notice right away, but I have always been suspicious that the top chairlift at Happo was the main culprit. Not sure if they put extra there because of the colder temps or something.

powwwers, I am amazed that he got replacement for his jacket! To be honest I take it as being part of skiing. I can't be bothered to go and haggle about a stain on my jacket. Anyway the grease probably makes it more waterproof! lol.gif

Plus, the dirty look of my jacket keeps people away from me in the cable car \:D . Personal space is a valuable commodity, especially in Japan ;\)

Welcome back Montoya!

Cherry blossom is starting in Tokyo as well. It is very Kirei !!! I love Japan.

Are you gonna be on the slopes tomorrow?

I was thinking about going tomorrow to try out my new set-up. Unfortunately, customs at the airport has been hogging the package I ordered from the US the whole day. They freaked out when they saw "skins" on the package description. They must think I am that psycho killer from silence of the lambs. Next thing I know I will have "Clarisse" knocking on my door! \:\)

Serreche,

Unfortunately will be busy with work for about 2 weeks, then hope to be back on the snow. If I can convince the wife to do some spring touring, maybe we will look for some mountains to hit.

I really gotta get a car. Will put it at the top of my "must get" list for next season.

Too bad Montoya.

I am gonna try to go this friday in the end.

If I make it, I will keep you posted on the conditions.

As for the car, if I go skiing somewhere, you will always be welcome to join me, including this spring. I will keep you guys posted.

I am sure ladies are more worried about their look and are usually more tidy, so can understand that it would upset you.

Still puzzled that not many people seem to get it. Looks like I am the only grease magnet around here... Sorry Rach as well.

I often get crap on my jacket, it's in a bit of a state to be honest. Tons of lifts are real dirty, the sooner that teleporting system gets put into resorts the better.

I heard that the main reason that teleporting hasn't taken off at resorts, besides the insurance costs, is that body fluids and bowel contents sometimes get 'disembodied' and can end up on the next person going through the teleport. Customers find it more objectionable than a little bit of oil on their clothes apparently.