It depends on the brand. Japanese beer doesn`t have much difference than any super-market. Imported beer is cheaper but not significantly, around 100 yen for 6 pack. They have very good offers from time to time and if you are lucky you can buy the 24 pack for half price. I usually buy bottled water there because their price is really cheap.

For the 1 1/5 liter bottle that you find it 200 yen at the combini you pay there 126. eek.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by dale#1:
Does anyone know of a place where I can get good imported beers (like guinness, etc) at cheap prices (ie not from FBC or townsquare)? Do discounted prices for these exist anywhere?
Imported beers in Japan cheaply? Youre joking right? ;\)
It doesnt matter if you buy one beer or a case the price doenst change. So much for buying bulk... But did manage to drink some great beers up in Hakuba although quite expensive.

Yamaya is a good tip. Give Costco a whirl if you can make it out there. Not a big fan of Corona, but if you buy a case at Costco they're about 120 yen a bottle or thereabouts.

Beer is so expensive here. What's up with that anyways??

I bought a case of Malts. The yellow can. Not sure of the brand. But good stuff. Not the cheap red label asahi.

It was 4000 for 24 beer. WTF!!!

Back home it is half that.

And then the hard stuff is so cheap.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
Yamaya is a good tip. Give Costco a whirl if you can make it out there. Not a big fan of Corona, but if you buy a case at Costco they're about 120 yen a bottle or thereabouts.
Davo, they have Yamaya at the Costco in Sonoda (sp?) When u goin up to Nags for sum day trips? Lemme know bout a beer sometime too cool.gif
  • 2 months later...

Cheers Yamakashi. They do some good microbrews here in Japan but it's not like you'll find them at the local generic peddlers of formeldohyde lager. Drink as much as you can while you're there.

breakfast beers are awesome. they just feel like the right thing to drink on days off \:\)

and, well, it's slightly off topic, but i highly recomend belgium as a beer drinking destination - pubs with 300 beers... excellent

Breakfast beer.

I have never done that. It just never seems like a good idea at the time.

At college a friend used to drink when he got up with a hangover. I'm sure he must have been drunk for like weeks on end, he never did any work. (Perhaps explains his embarassing third degree)