I think mine must be to leave a really promising job and take a year out to go to "travel". I just got ill and it turned out to be a disaster. I couldn't go back to the job I left behind and it really screwed my life plans up for a while there. Really regret it.

Care to share?

Selling a season ticket because I thought I couldn't use it, only for those plans to fall through and me want back my season ticket - but not poss. THat really really sucked big time.

Quote:
Originally posted by I=I=I=I=I:
Coming to Japan.
I'll explain someday maybe.
I could say the same thing, BUT if I didn't come here I wouldn't have met my wife, wouldn't have had my beautiful son, wouldn't be expecting my second child, wouldn't have just started my new career path, wouldn't have had all the good snow and all that yaki niku!

If I hadn't decided to come here I would have probably married some Indo woman from the jungle and would have just been swept away by the tsunami.

Japan doesn't seem so bad now!

Can`t say have any huge regrets. I gues try to make the best out of all situations despite where you end up. At time can be an arse but invariably you always get something out of everything in the end.

Apologies for the sickeningly optomistic post! lol.gif

Similar to farquah, i like to think that all the decisions i've made - good or bad - have gotten me to where i am in life today, which is a pretty good spot.

But if a time-travelling DeLorean suddenly appeared in front of me, I'd probably go back:

a) About 8 years when working for a friend of mine who opened his own restaurant, and quit as soon as he started saying "I'll pay you next week" rather than 9 months later (money can quickly affect friendships that way), .... and

B) About 9 years ago when I went for my very last Ski, when the hire person said "Skiing or Boarding?" - because I hadn't boarded, and wanted to impress my friends since I was a decent skier, I chose not to board. What a mistake, I would've gotten into it 5 years (and one 'bicycle vs car' accident) sooner.

....oh, and since I was going back in time, i'd probably take a Sports Almanac with me too.