Medical costs and feeling blue

Today visited the local Hospital to have my leg checked out since it hasn`t got any better from boarding accident at start of month, and found out I have a "messerashii" injury thats the first time doctor has seen. "Perrigrins T" he called it??? Anyone??

Have to have MRI next week, and just went home to check insurance out and as my New YEar luck is going it runs out this week!! Fantastic. Am faced with 5man yen bill and no boarding for the rest of season or rugby!! Gutted! Need to change insurance company as one I had was from home in UK so anyone got any reccomendations as to what company is good/cheap??

I have some contracts with different insurance companies for risk headge, Alico, Aflac and some JP insurance companies. Don't remember which covers how much, better check everything again lol...

Take care of your legs

farquah that actually sounds pretty good and, coincidently, is all the boarding I'll be doing too what with the arrival of the little dude into my life. Ahh well there's always my longboard to keep me entertained

Yeah, that's why you had better check your insurance details.

I needed to have the MRI thing for my hernia last year. My doctor told me I had to be on diet until I lose some 10kgs which is never easy for me!!!!!!!!

Calorie control only for 1,680 kcals a day which is really cruel \:\(

I spent sometime in hospital about 18months ago. I had a medical card from the area office and because of my income the fees were capped for the month! Still wasn't cheap (and my insurance had expire- read; IDIOT!) Might be worth a look, sorry the details are vague but I'll find out more. Now I think of it it might be a family thing!

Just took a trip to my local town office to register for the insurance there and had a huge argument!! eek.gif If I wanted to sign up for this "National Helath Insurance" thing which covers 70% of all costs then I had to pay all the back payments from when I arrived in Japan???? When I first came to Japan I had private insurance which lasted for two years and so that was sufficent, now I want to take out new insurance they want me to pay for a service I never used!!!! 20man!!!! eek.gif Maybe its juts me being stupid here but surely thats juts completely ridiculous!!!! Paying for something I have never used!!! WHAT!!!! wakaranai.gif wakaranai.gif

Needless to say didn`t take it!

farquah, i know a little about those back payments.

My wife and i were in the same situation 3 years ago.

No insurance, went to town hall, and got the message that we had to back pay, but there is a small loophole.

you "only" have to back pay from when you registered at your current town, so if you move address for 3 months, and then move back to your old address, you don't have have to back pay!

Worked for us, we had a nice 3 month holiday on Maui, while having address with father in law in Tokunoshima. when we got back, we registrered in Osuka (home) and no problems since.

oh the chair? My wife is a huge fan of Friends, and have been talking about Joey's chair for years.

after i got my "get out of jail card" i had to make her happy. so we bought 2 of them. takes up 75% of the space in our livingroom, surfboards, PC and tv about 20%, so we feel like sardines.

but the chairs made our marriage happier!

ATB

TP

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderpants:
No insurance, went to town hall, and got the message that we had to back pay, but there is a small loophole.
you "only" have to back pay from when you registered at your current town, so if you move address for 3 months, and then move back to your old address, you don't have have to back pay!
TP
Really?? Thats interesting.

Gamera, why did you need an MRI for a hernia??

I have an excellent insurance company that has always treated me well. You must be an expat. They even paid my lost wages (up to US$2,500/MO) a a couple years bag when I was injured. They covered my dental...and even provided a translator for me! They have several plans to choose from. I highly reccomend them. And if your wondering, I have no relationship with them other than being a customer.

You can check 'em out at www.interglobal-nz.biz