Its Febuary again which means for anyone who cares its the 6 Nations starting up again this weekend. Seems that this years comp will may have a few spanners to throw in the works with Englands big injuries, Irelands and Wales` recent top form, and the obviuos tempramental French (and errrr the Italiens?!). Any early calls for the champions. Grand slams? Northern Hemispere rugby people!! clap.gif

I shall be heading off into Cardiff for some fun. A few beers over my friends house, the Millenium Stadium is about 20 metres away! Can't wait for the fun to begin!

My prediction Wales 24 - England 19

Congrats to the Welsh but as a typical English guy my excuses are that it was merely a B team and an injury laden team at that which faced you on Sat. However was impressed with Henesy, some big hits and clever kicks. All credit though as Wales did look like the better team on the day, should m,ake for a great game against Ireland, and I guess the Triple Crown and Gram Slam is up for grabs now!

well well well. whatever has happened to England?? after a narrow loss to the Welsh comes this weekends loss to the French. Anyone else watch the game...apart from Farquah who I KNOW is sobbing into his beer right about now :p

England were a disgrace admiitedly!! I hang my head in shame and am seems as though we are staring at the wooden spoon!! We had France beaten and let them back in...was a Defeat snatched from the jaws of Victory!! Englands reign at the top has crashed down! \:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by emptyworld:
So who's winning?
Does rugby have all the scanadalous drama that seems to go with soccer?
Definately not England! \:\( Kind of still up for grabs, Wales looking strong as are Ireland but also France. Next few weeks will be the deciders!!
As for scandal...Rugby wrote the book on scandal.....errrr,?? :rolleyes: Actually does have its share, biggest I can think of at mo is Lawrence Dalaglio (ex Eng Capt.) being done for cocaine taking!

No there isn't really any "scandal" in rugby...not Union anyway. As for League, ask the Aussies as they're the only ones who give a damn (except fot a few Kiwi's and one or two people from northern England).

The only real "scandal" about rugby union is the general level of physical violence; stamping on someone's back or head is deemed acceptable if he "deserved it" for playing illegally. And in Wales, not game is considered complete without a punch up and a few split lips or fractured eye sockets. Ahhhh nothing like a bit of Ultra Violence!

Wales are in tip top shape, and I'd just like to say England are an embaressment to themselves. Bring on the Wooden Spoon decider with Italy...ha

• 2 weeks later...

\:\( Congrats to Ireland and Wales and as with all my other posts on this topic above England are just dire. I am renouncing my English herritage and taking up tifddly winks instead!!

Anyway am really excited about the Wales Ireland game! It will be huge! Anyone care to make a prediction????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
No there isn't really any "scandal" in rugby...not Union anyway. As for League, ask the Aussies as they're the only ones who give a damn (except fot a few Kiwi's and one or two people from northern England).
Please don't label us all with the same broad comment - only Yobbo's like League. If it wasn't for vested interests, the game would've (and should've) died out several years ago. In short, League is a joke and full of thugs, morons and lack of rule-policing. (This years season opened with yet another 'rape' allegation.) eek.gif

England might have won the Union WC but they were/are hardly the true world champion team - one bloke with a good boot doesn't make a team.

France, Irish, Aussies, etc are far superior game players and tacticians.

As for violence - well, that should be policed unless Union wants to go down the League road. Hard game play should never be confused with violence.

HA! What a comeback, the boys did us proud. The only prediction I have for the Wales vs Ireland game is that by half time, I'll be drunk!

As for you SubZero, well matey, I've never been an England fan (being Welsh and all). But I am able to give credit where it's due.....

Quote:
England might have won the Union WC but they were/are hardly the true world champion team - one bloke with a good boot doesn't make a team.

France, Irish, Aussies, etc are far superior game players and tacticians.

....simply smacks of bad sportsmanship, never an Autralians strongest point.

Further prdictions for the 6 Nations:

Italy = wooden spoon

England = silver spoon

Scotland = spoonful of pride?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
As for you SubZero, well matey, I've never been an England fan (being Welsh and all). But I am able to give credit where it's due.....

simply smacks of bad sportsmanship, never an Autralians strongest point.
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
Next you'll be telling me that Wales and Scotland are stand-alone nations!
It's REALLY a FOUR nations event:
Italy, France, Ireland, England/Scotland/Wales! (You're all English, Dude!) eek.gif eek.gif ;\)