It's nothing major - yet - but it is very annoying all the same and I AM going to do something about it.

It's the boss, he's not laid hands on me but "talks" a lot and is really slimey and recently almost alway suggestive. And not taking a hint. I'm just not sure who to approach about this.

Anyone any experience/tips?

experience. Yup - but Im not a girl so its probably much different. Mine was from 15-18 year old hs girls. It sucked and cuz of it I wont ever work at an all girls school again.

With the boss it will be a totally different can of worms. My ex was got touched a few times by a boss at work. I found out who he was and threatened him right in front of all his supervisors in the parking lot after work one night. I waited and waited and waited. He came out and I walked up to him and took him by the neck and damn near ripped it off yelling at the prick. He never so much as looked at her again.

I hope your problem works out for you.

Better still .... record all his conversations with you in advance, then make copies and confront him:

"I've recorded everything you said to me. Please cease talking to me in such a manner or I will make the tapes available to people you wouldn't want to hear them. There are multiple copies that other people have, so don't even think about getting violent in order to retrieve the tapes from me."

If he's married, threaten to play them to his wife.

Or, even better, send Yamakishi to see your boss in the parking lot.

I think I have been sexually harrased more since I have been here! Had my privates 'cupped' a couple of times! :p

Definetely record some of the conversations for future use there is no need to put up with that. Or use Yamakashi, I hear his rates are resonable!

There is an ad on TV here for Sapporo Shochu (bigman poi) goes along the lines of a VB ad (Oz beer) slightly different, after a long day at the office being sexually harrased just come home and get drunk. Different culture I guess! Doesn't make it acceptable though! wakaranai.gif

On a physical level this guy sounds like he needs a rapid application of force to his cajones. Might give them the type of hangover they need to stop him thinking with them. Realistically though, taping him is a good start, or getting colleagues to back you up as witnessess. I hope that he has a boss of his own you can approach about it.

My wife had to put up with this sort of crap occassionally from an old boss. Not in terms of unwanted advances, just inappropriate remarks about personal matters. At one work function he made some comment about the size of gaijins 'members' to embarass her. I was furious and wanted to go down the Yamakashi path, or worse. Wouldn't have helped her keep her job though. The company was a multinational, so I then wanted to get a lawyer on to it and have him sued for harrassment. Unfortunately she didn't want to do that either. The guy was thankfully transfered soon after.

There are far too many of these jerks operating in work environments around Japan. Just remember that the law is on your side, even if the attitudes of many are back in the dark ages. This guy needs to grow up and he deserves to be fired, totally inappropriate behaviour for a manager. Hope it works out ok for you.

Go and ask your question here:

http://www.being-a-broad.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e6c20355600ffff&

scroll down to the forum on Safety.

If you can't get in (you have to join, it's free), try getting there thru this website

http://www.being-a-broad.com/

and clicking on the link for the Discussion Board.

It's basically a women's network for foreign women in Japan (hence "being a broad"). There should be a lot of good people to help you with your question. Good luck.

i only took the action I did because it wasnt just verbal. he physically touched her body. The first time I was livid. The second time she had to block the door. The third time she pointed his ass out to me and that was it.

I must have shocked the hell outta them speakin like a chimpira lol.gif lol.gif

I can kinda handle some verbal abuse; so could my ex. She was a tough girl. But, NOBODY has the right to grab some ass or breast mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I heard 'cupping' is good for rheumatic pain....or maybe I'm on the wrong track.

I was also harassed but mine was more out of malicious spite than of the sexual variety. And unfortunately at the time I was very new to Japan and so had to "put up" with it as I was told by other Gaijin.

Luckily the woman involved moved on, and when she went the real gory stuff about what she had said to me came out.