• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30mins for the first 1000 vert or less run, but couldnt see the first half at all.

others you can choose. short 300 to 700 foot vert lines you can lap up easy say 8 or more in a day.

the biglines if your genki 2 max if your going home that day 3 if your the king of the mountain. Im not the king of the mountain and 2 might be pushing me.

Sounds like you did very well there Fatty. Toque's summer journals suggests he's no slouch at going uphill. Most of your off training has been sitting in a boat. lol.gif

Toque, send me a link to your summer pics

kidcreole@japan.com

Some inspirational stuff in the journals man. Well done.

I was going to head up to Tateyama today, but I drove my missus to Nagano instead. The mountains were very cloudy all morning but the forecast suggested that it might just clear for a couple of pics before the last cable car back down. I suppose there's always spring....

As Telleboy says, snow last night and subzero now, so winter is upon us!

I sent you my 7 day North Alps traverse and Kitadake hike. Hope you enjoy. If you want more I have albums for alomst all of my hikes.

I get up the mountains fast in my hiking boots but slap ski boots on and I slow right down. Different muscles I guess.

And for some of those lines that we skied you can pretty much slap your skis on out of the bus station.

I wish they put a lift in there Ocean I really do. it was freaky to see 10 meter high wood poles planted into the ground around the buildings. They were there so that the snow clearing machines wouldnt crash into the buildings come spring removeal time.

Toque got the pics thanks for that not so busy today my thing went off well too no more presure.

Left side of the Murodo Plain with Tateyama Peak being the big one on the left. Wish I had looked at this pictures just before we went up there. So many more lines.

Next year we are going to rip this place up

blpic30212.jpg

Right side of the Murodo Plain with 3 of our ski lines marked in black and our camp site in red. The real tent area is right at the bottom.

blpic30211.jpg

Looking up to where the top 2 photos were taken from the tent area at the bottom of photo number 2

blpic30213.jpg

Toque my thoughts I adjusted the 4th line on day 2 i think we hit it up a bit higher. Also te terrain shows maybe I couldve done my surf like turn in the adjusted line.

Also added the first skin line in and then the out.

I should spell check. Write it into word and then copy and paste. hmmm. But really I just read it over a few times and then post em up.

Whose counting???????????

You have to say that??

I would be counting sleeps, minutes, hours, seconds, bike rides, movies, dinners, lunchs

Thanks for the pics link. Great stuff.

It looks like you camped next to the Murodo Hut (the one with the cam) and hit lots of north facing runs over by the onsen. I've never been over that side.

At a place tateyama that gets enough snow to cover 2 story buildings.... you gotta expect alot of bad weather. I like the fact that all though I envy the guys who went off the top, we played it really safe and had no problems finding are way in sometimes horrible conditions.

My idea of BC sking is to get the most fun if that means the bigline is there then Ill take it. If it means the the small stuff is all I can have then live to ski another day.

April is not far away man.