• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Goemon:
I am newly motivated by the image of Yama getting pounded Matrix-style by Indo.
yeah, it wouldnt even be pretty - I would say I could run around the ring some but... since hes a former triathlete, sufer, boarder, Id say, ohhh, I got about 1 minute before I see a dozen birds flying around in the sky lol.gif \:\(

If your living here more than one year I implore you to get your Japanese drivers lic. the laws here can be very strict & even though japan is not thought of as a litigation society once you get into the court system its timely & costly. my mate also got popped & now can't drive in this country for two years.

I got my lic. in three trys but evryone else that was there was on there 4th to 7th try.

The reason they fail you again & again is because the money from tking the test goes into the police retirement fund.

( #$@%&@#@$@#)

good luck!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
plus your arm could snap again if you tried a punch. ;\)
do explain!

Yama, don't worry about the former triathlete thing... It's exactly that FORMER! If I had to run around for a minute trying to catch you, you could well have the upper hand, as long as you don't snap (off???) your arm again lol.gif

But since I am just a Bruce Ree wanna be I think you have nothing to worry about ;\)

I'd love to see your keyboard some day, Fattwins. I always imagine it's missing half the keys and the existing keys are in constant motion, like on a conveyer belt or something. ;\)

sankyuberrimuch. Don't worry, I learned my lesson well. From now on it's shochu in the glove compartment for me!

I didn't pepper my ride with any "yoshu", but I did offer a degrading, "tomatte'imasu" announcement at the flashing red light so he would know we were stopped. I should have pinched my nose so as to mimic the typical train announcer's voice...

This instructor was quite nice and seemed to genuinely want people to succeed. He even made a joke or two during his opening explanatory remarks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
quote:Originally posted by Goemon:
Update: I got my license. Yamakashi has got a beatdown coming to him... lol.gif
Uhhhh, Kansai BBQ has been called off due to inclimate weather ~ will keep you updated though \:D :p
  • 7 months later...

An now it is nearly time to renew my licence - I got the card today summoning me to be there "for two hours" (a fun lecture?) within the next 2 months.

Do all first time renewers have to do the "2 hour thing", whatever it is. It seems to imply that on the card.

not just first time renewers. I think any renewer has to. And of course if you have been naughty at some stage and copped a speeding fine of parking ticket, then you'll have to go to the bad-boys and girls lecture which goes for 3 hours! Well, that's what they do here in Hiroshima.

I heard that it was just for 1st time renewers (yah! mine in April 06)

I'll take in my ipod and listen to an audio book or some tunes... coz being a silly gaijin I can't understand it anyway! (thats what I'll say..)

I took that 2 hours lecture last month. Bliaxxx.... \:\(

At least the good thing is that they do the lecture during the time you have to wait for the new driving licence to be published. I had a parking ticket, but this didnt sheem to effect my waiting time.

The only people that can have a 1 hour lecture only, are the ones eligable for "golden driving licence" which means that they havent got any ticet whatsoever since they last renewed their licence.

Also if you have a "golden" one, the car insurance fees are less, + some more benefits that I cant recall at the moment.

Can you tell us a bit more about the lecture tsondaboy? Many people there, did you have to participate in any way or anything or just sit there and ignore them? ;\)