Ok, here is how it goes:

The lecture is in Japanese so basically make sure you arrive at the class room early enough to get one of the back seats and don’t forget your leg blanket and inflatable pillow. :p

You have to watch some videos with accidents etc and some old guy specking about how you could have prevent them.

Every once in a wile the guy would say the line “Falling asleep in the class room is an indication that you are accident prone” for obvious reasons. lol.gif

Unfortunately you can’t skip the lecture, because the guy has to put his stamp on the receipt you have to submit later on to get your new licence. thumbsdown.gif

That’s more or less how it was for me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
At least the good thing is that they do the lecture during the time you have to wait for the new driving licence to be published.
I can get mine renewal done at the local cop shop and don't have to wait around for the newie, just pick it up the next day!
Were the accidents on the vid gory?
My triathlon coach was a cop and while we were al getting our licences as teens, he showed us a farging bloddy as hell vid of teens being killed and trapped in wrecks, all to put us off being "hoons". Some gnarly fooatge.

You can do it at the local police station (not koban!) or city hall after you have renewed your licence at least once. Mine was the first time renewing it, so I had to do it at the driving licence centre. \:\(

Next time I can also do it at the police station.

They didn’t sow us any gory one`s, that’s probably why everyone was sleeping. :p

Quote:
Mine was the first time renewing it, so I had to do it at the driving licence centre. \:\(
I'll have to check out that, coz if I have to go to that scum hole again I'll be forever seeking mental treatment.

Usually at the back of the notification postcard you get calling you to go and renew your licence, there are listed the places you can go and do your renewal. They also explain if you have to go to the licence centre or you can do it at the police station. Also about handling fees and any papers you might have to submit. The only problem is that the postcard is in Japanese, so if you can’t read it have someone read it for you and explain you the details.

Quote:
The only problem is that the postcard is in Japanese, so if you can’t read it have someone read it for you and explain you the details.
Well this is Japan! No worries for me...
(only now I am hoping I don't have to go to that hell hole!)