• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indo, are you drunk?? My J-company insures me 100%. I've never even seen an insurance form. There is no downside for me. What's with the hostillity??

Hey Indo, gambate ne!(on the one day being as cool as me) Tough times for a Bruce Lee wanabee? lol.gif What coutry do you think you live in??????? Legal battles!! lol.gif lol.gif

Yes they might insure you 100% BUT if you do have an accident without a J licence you will be up S$%t creek without a paddle. The law is the law and even your company cannot get around that.

Are you sure you're not drinking or on crack??? You don't even know what pipe looks like and you "claim" to be a surfer form Hawaii .... P issing myself laughing lol.gif

Bruce Lee wanna be?

Claim? I honestly don't care if you believe if I'm from Hawaii or not.Hilo no ka oi! What do you know about that haole? Batu, no. Again, Pilau eh you!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
No response?
Nah, I have to sleep sometime.

Why don't you just have a crash really injure yourself and see how well your looked after by your insurance company.

My point the whole time my island friend, has been that... ahh I will give, just go and have a crash and find out.

sticks and stones kintaro....

;\)

ya, read that yesterday some

I wont drive here, unless my mates are too drunk, cuz I dont have a J-license. I had too many mates in Hiroshima who were blatently pulled over back in 2003-2004 b/c they changed the laws at that time. Thats when I quit riding my motorcycle too \:\(

Ill have to get a J-license sometime but as an american its much harder - from what Ive heard at least :rolleyes:

Goemon, ya I know; But, I had about 4 close mates who had to take the damn thang between 4-6 times. Seems like the proctors are just nazi arseholes about everything. Supposedly theres some specific order to doing some things but Im not fussed about getting one right now anyways. Cheers though.

Yama: I know from personal experience that the proctors are little bitch beaurucrassholes. I took my driving test yesterday and did everything perfectly...BUT was failed! The proctor told me that I did not fully stop at a white line/blinking red light (even though I did). There was a woman sitting in the backseat during my drive, waiting for her turn to take the test; she was equally shocked that he failed me for that reason because I clearly made a full stop, looked both ways and then proceeded. mad.gif I think he did it to maintain his fail quota and also so he could give me a little speech on how the US and Japan are different countries...

So, yes, I fully understand your mates' difficulties and frustrations. I have to go back next week to take the fuxxoring drive test again. mad.gif

ps my name is from Goemon of Lupin the Third:

goemon.jpg

I will now proceed to eat you.

What's the official procedure for reacting to being told that one's country is different from Japan?

Perhaps you could try nodding and saying "Yosh" each time you do something right, as an insurance policy like. The proctologist may then begin to think that your countries are perhaps more similar than he thought, and may have more sympathy with you.

Quote:
What's the official procedure for reacting to being told that one's country is different from Japan?
I guess I was supposed to act surprised at realizing I was not actually in the US and thank him for pointing this out to me (before heading to the airport, of course, to return to my rightful place). shifty.gif

I wonder if you just bribed the ba$tards with like 5xs the cost if we could past the first time?

I would argue that most foreign drivers are loads better than the tossers who drive in this country. Gd damn I think J-drivers suck @ss at driving :rolleyes:

I feel your pain mad.gif :rolleyes: mad.gif

Goemon, Too bad about the test.

From what I can gather it will take you about 5-7 times.

They seem to be off anyone who tries to do it the cheaper way by not going to driving school.

Maybe you might be able to say that you have done it 5 times?? might speed up the process.

I want to go for my bike licence so I am going to go thru that too.

How much was it to do the test?

The actual drive test only cost 2400 yen, but waiting two hours to take it and then "failing" cost me my soul. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I will take it again next Wednesday and hopefully report back with a more positive result. I can't imagine taking it 5-7 times.

Ill bet anybody a few beers that Goemon wont get his license before 4 tries: Any takers? lol.gif

*note* I really dont mean this to be rude, espeically towards Goemon, just based on previous mates' experiences, all of which were americans, that it will take him several times...

Kintaro mate you are playing with fire man.

Im not gonna talk you into a J license but your insurance is 100% invalid if you are breaking the law. It doesnt matter that they took your money and say that you are covered you in fact really arent. If you are part of the Forces in Japan though you fall under a different rule then all of us which allows you to drive on the intl. or the american license Im 90% sure.

Goemen goodluck.

Im cdn. and I didnt have to take the test here 2 years ago which was a shocker.

alright, Ill take ya on in the ring if he gets it in less than 4 tries.... Good god, I hope he really doesnt now - the pics of me getting my @ss whooped by Indo would be funny though; would probably look like Fattwins after Phat Luv gets ahold of him. Seriously though, I really hope he gets it just cuz I know what a pain in the a$$ getting a license in Japan is.