Trouble getting long holidays

Do you get trouble getting long holidays from work? Even if maybe you do sod all over summer, they still don't like you taking anything over 2 weeks away (even if you have the holidays lined up to take)?

I always go through this process of asking, then sucking in air and sou-desu-ne (said slowly) etc before getting a reluctant approval.

And the guilt trips from co-workers! I had to sit a few of them down and say "look, I'm not Japanese, I'm australian. I'll work by my rules when it comes to holidays and that means at leasttwo weeks holiday in a solid block. If you don't like it tough. Now go home and make love to your wives, they are gagging for it" (OK I made the last bit up) \:D

4 months paid vacation? Are they nuts?? Or I suppose the yearly salary is just split into 12 and given out evenly even if you have so many holidays in the year, in the traditional way.

No probs with long holidays.

I can get 1 month , a 2-3 week and a week here and there.

Down side is that I have to set my schedule 1 year in advance which sucks especially if i am going on a surf trip and the forecast is for no waves. Also I like taking trips on a whim... can't do that now either. doh!

Believe it or not, incredibly they factor in how many holidays a person has when they decide on the annual salary. Just seems in his case they are spreading the annual salary over the year.

Duhhh. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
 Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
4 months paid vacation? Are they nuts??
Maybe, but whos gonna argue getting paid NOT to work? Not from me thats fo sure! \:D
There are some sweet teaching jobs out there \:D

PS, Indo 1:30am? Go ta bed!
1:30am... Tell me about it. Last class on Friday evening and I couldn't keep my eyes open and I was still up at 1:30am wakaranai.gif