Push ups? imagine being an old school army or marine recruit and getting down and giving some drill sargeant 20 or 30 a dozen times a day.

That would either give you life long hatred of them or a huge chest

Chin ups - now they hurt after about 6

Push ups.. I was hopeless at them but have slowly built up my strength and can do a fair amount though I usually do 4-5 sets of 20-25 on varied angles so that I can hit different parts of my chest.

Chin-uo's are killer. Need a bar to practise on ( not in the gym where everyone can see!)

Chin-up bars should be built into houses as standard equipment. If I build a house, there will be a suitable chin-up feature in each room.

I've been doing some bridging recently. That's a pretty good exercise (if'n you don't mind losing a strip of skin off your forehead sometimes...)

Bridging is really good, chin-ups are great but really hard, especially wide grip ones. Like indo said, sets of 20 push-ups, varied angle gives strength and a pretty big chest.

I was looking but no chin-up place in my new house

I have a selection of three bars at the park near my place BUT they are only good if you are 100cm tall! I tried doing them with my knees bent but didn't work as it was too much effort just tiring to keep my legs up!

I am with you O11 about the all houses should have a chin up bar. I would add to that about 4 different sized sandbags and a flat/incline bench press.