• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: thursday
waste of trees

Reading the paper version feels relaxing and luxurious. Reading the electronic version feels like downing fast food. Illogical, perhaps, but there it is.

Paper also handles morning coffee spills more gracefully.
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Originally Posted By: ger
...and J. Times fer sure. DY's right wing.

Asahi bin left wing and Yomiuri right wing.

really - i always thought it was the opposite....not that i read them much these days.
Originally Posted By: stemik

Asahi bin left wing and Yomiuri right wing.

really - i always thought it was the opposite....not that i read them much these days.

You can tell by the difference in vocabulary levels they use. stir

AND Nikkei is the best.

Sure, we hear that all the time. Bin said 30 years ago. Snobbery .

Frankly I can't tell except that a lot of Japanese don't talk all that much and the vocabulary is ever changing.

AND Nikkei is the best.
Sure, we hear that all the time. Bin said 30 years ago. Snobbery .
Frankly I can't tell except that a lot of Japanese don't talk all that much and the vocabulary is ever changing.

All I know is that the Asahi sends me reaching for the dictionary a lot more often than the Yomiuri. Nikkei certainly has a lot of investing/economics jargon, but Asahi is more all-around challenging.

Thursday, if you want to talk about the English versions, the Yomiuri's English website reads to me like a tabloid. Much less professional-seeming than the others.

Do you guys actually pay for these newspapers?

I used to read one before the internet was here but wasn't too impressed even then. And someone else was paying. Certainly wouldn't shell out now.

They are expensive aren't they? Was the only source of English paper in the old days. Was good for employment section back then.

I'd rather my notebook and free internet and pay for coffee.

They are a day late in reporting the news and there is far too much a slant towards Amercan news, which 'm not interested in. The Japan Times does have the Observer extract sometimes which is ok but since the news is out of date and I can read it for free online I don't bother with it anymore

you need to get into gear. The yank shit is still driving the world. If they decide on weak dollar, Asian currencies are effed. So too the Euro, so too the Japanese economy.

Watch the yanks, they are criminals.

Fairly same I think rach. I only pick one up at one place I go that for some bizarre reason subscribes to it. I'm the only one who ever touches it every so often. Must be in the name of "internationalisation".

On the subject of these rubbish newspapers though I remember when I first came to Japan and there was no intertubes or stuff and the paper my office got for me was one of the highlights of the day. This was before skyperfect came with news and english tv too. They were important back then but not needed now.

Originally Posted By: thursday
you need to get into gear. The yank shit is still driving the world. If they decide on weak dollar, Asian currencies are effed. So too the Euro, so too the Japanese economy.

Watch the yanks, they are criminals.

still not interested in what Randy and Shanice Gubbensteiner-Jonston get up to