• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I had a yaki-niku sandwich from Lawson today. I really don't know why I had a yaki-niku sandwich from Lawson... The heat must be effecting my mental capacities. I do eat meat.... but not from Lawson's. Actually, come to think of it, I bought a peperoni stick from Lawsons this summer too. You'd think I would have learnt my lesson!

your ex is still haunting you Soubs. You should start devouring meat just out of principle!

I would be happy to slaughter a whole cow and BBQ big chunks of meat for ya to feast upon. Take detailed picks through out the procedure, from slaughter to devouring, and send them to your ex. \:\)

i never used to eat much red meat, but lately i have just been craving the stuff. i've been feeling hell run-down lately and had a medium-rare steak the other night, and felt better than i have in ages...

a good steak is sublime.

as an aside, i saw lots of cows fighting this weekend. little calves butting head and big cows smashing their heads together. i dunno why, but i found it hilarious. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

i would like to see indo fight a cow

are we talking about cooking a cow, or cooking the earth?

Because livestock farming is a HUGE contributer to global polltion and global warming (especially in the methane dept, which is 20 times as harsh as CO2)

i like my earth rare. Very rare.

Originally Posted By: sakebomb
Gyu-tataki is where the meat is seared in a pan/bbq to keep the juices in but basically raw on the inside. It is similar to a blue steak (?).

GN, is this what blue is? In which case I sometimes like it like this.

yeah, it is good like that. We had one of the most tender steaks grilled right in front of us at a Japanese teppanyaki place about 6 months ago. Done like that, and it was amaaaaaaaazing! Melted in the mouth \:\) I want one now!

Steak has got to be medium-rare, medium at the VERY most. i love it when you cut into it and its all pink inside and the juices just flow onto the sizzling platter!!! mmmm

I went to school with a guy who punched out a cow!

Originally Posted By: thursday
 Originally Posted By: sakebomb
Gyu-tataki is where the meat is seared in a pan/bbq to keep the juices in but basically raw on the inside. It is similar to a blue steak (?).

GN, is this what blue is? In which case I sometimes like it like this.

Thursday blue is similar. Basically you want a very hot grill and depending on the thickness of the steak you would cook it for about 1-2 minutes on each side. The middle of the steak is warm but still looks fairly raw. This way of having steak will ensure most of the juices (and thus the flavour) are retained.