TR: mini shred session, hakuba norikura backcountry

today the crew headed out for some misadventure on the hills under blazing blue skies. armed with shovels, a sound system, beers & liftie dodging tactics we went on a mini shred mission... the crew were AK, ebc, yanik, simon, bob & ryan.

we found ourselves in the hakuba norikura backcountry in a sweet zone i had spied out from tsugaike last sunday when i was skiing the park there. we found a perfect set up and shaped a sweet quarter pipe and a booter, switched on some sexy house music, cracked open some beers and let the session begin.....

simon throws down hand plant

eskimobasecamp_295.jpg

ryan styles it up

eskimobasecamp_296.jpg

AK rips it

eskimobasecamp_300.jpg

... and again

eskimobasecamp_297.jpg

yanik gets sexy on the snow

eskimobasecamp_299.jpg

your reporter, ebc

eskimobasecamp_301.jpg

just back from 47 park and lovin it..... getting my pipe style down, man you couldn't tear me out of there, LOVE IT, seriously. now doing clean 180s off kickers.... YEAHHHH progress! stoked, was a good session with the crew up there thumbsup.gif

I bailed from Niseko a couple of weeks ago to go and do an avi course at Kamui and Furanodake. Had a great time and stayed! There are bunch of really cool people in Asahikawa, not to mention all the various amazing "dakes". When I go back to Hokkaido I wont be based in Niseko...

So I don't know what is happening in Niseko - but it was "variable" when I was there. For a while there was nothing, thanks to a couple of very hot days. The only place that was slushy out of Asahikawa was Kamui (and only on some slopes) - which is now closed. Everywhere else was still getting great snow. Kurodake was doing smoke trails... God I love that place!

Actually I'm in Tokyo now, waiting for a plane to ferry me away from Japan. It's going to be a sad day \:\( . I've really enjoyed my three months in Japan. However I've been checking out the IT job market here, it looks quite good, so I may be back. happyglass.gif

There are some pictures, but they're spread over a number of cameras, so it will take a while to collect them all. I'm planning to do a TR on Asahikawa, so hopefully they'll appear there. If I get inspired I may even do a TR on Japan!

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
thanks ewok baby. u up this weekend? think i'll be at the party... cough... part 2 lol lol.gif
was in kansai.
how was the party... cough cough... part2 lol.

yes i like your photos ebc!
you make me wanna

look for my camera lol.
where did it go, can't find it.