• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
Hey SirJib - hurry it on will ya? We are still waiting here! ;\)
muikabochi - What are you waiting for? Do I need to post a trip report of the shopping as well?!?!?

The mountains here got ANOTHER FOOT of snow (I'm not up there becuase I promised my wife some shopping sadglass.gif )

Speaking of shopping...
FT - What is the shape of the connector on your power cords on the female end? Are they the standard figure 8, 3 leaf clover, or other? Send me a pic or link of what you are looking for...

EBC - I can pick that up for you..but I think they have it in Japan...i've seen B&B works all over Tokyo.

BP - Mangoes are better from S.E. Asia than Cali. Plus bringing back fruit thru customs is a B*&tch.

EBC, I went to B&B works today...bad news...It turns out that your favorite lipgloss was discontinued in Jan and they didn't have any stock. They suggested another store that might have it - I checked and they didn't have it either. Sorry....

FT - The news for you isn't much better. Apparently MS doesn't sell the power supplies in stores, you have to order it online direct from them (acording to the guy in the store). He said, you might be able to get it for free or reduced cost as a warranty thing.

BP - Still working on the snake thing...I found a small recorder and am now practicing my indian snake tunes (still sounding a bit too Public Enemyish at the moment...needs some work).

CB - You never sent me the list of games you wanted....

oh, and by the way...I'm GOING BOARDING TOMORROW!!!!! The mountains here have receieved 6 FEET SINCE LAST THURSDAY!?!?!?!?!? So I talked the wife into heading up for one more day. May have a part 3 to this thread tomorrow....

Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
EBC - I can pick that up for you..but I think they have it in Japan...i've seen B&B works all over Tokyo.
Dude, were have you seen B&B works in Tokyo?
Save me, I have to go with a completely empty suitcase when visiting the states just for my girlfriends shopping!!!

And on topic comments: Great picks man! clap.gif

Tsonda - There is one in Ark Hills near the Roppongi ichome station. I think I have seen some in other locations (Shinjuku?).

EBC - I'm back on the 5th. Planning a trip to Haks with some J-friends on the 17th.

FT - Apparently, it some special adapter and if you use a non-MS one, it voids the warranty. Try the warranty route - that sounds cheapest.

I'm off to bed - got a 5am wake up for the drive up to Big Bear.

Quote:
The mountains here have receieved 6 FEET SINCE LAST THURSDAY!?
You are kidding and totally pulling our legs, right?

Have a good time (and bring back some size 12 socks with you for me will you? )

PART 3: Snow Summit

Alright, so i'm back in Anaheim looking at the daily snow reports and it keeps DUMPING in the mountains. Then I'm reading the depressing SJ reports and i'm thinking...why the hell am I down here at sea-level? So I convinced the wife to do a day trip up to the local mountains - Big Bear.

As you can see, it's typical California ski weather, blue sky - warm sun, cool weather, and a nice view of Big Bear Lake.

SirJibAlot_52.jpg

and in typical L.A. fashion, no ski mountain would be complete without 'extras'....

SirJibAlot_51.jpg

What where they doing up here? Where they trying to get closer to god? Do you suppose they were working on thier jibbing skills? Are baggy clothes and loads of pockets out and now orange robes are the thing to wear? only in L.A......

So anyway, I jump on my stick and start exploring the mountain (haven't been to this hill in over 6 years!)

SirJibAlot_55.jpg

Looks like they have upgraded the park - lots of new goodies...

SirJibAlot_53.jpg

So of course, I need to get a little jib on...

SirJibAlot_48.jpg

Coverage on the mountain was excellent, but there were some bare spots on the sides of the runs even after back to back storms. The half pipe is in bad shape, so they are still having a less than spectacular year here as well

SirJibAlot_54.jpg

All in all, it was a good day that my wife and I enjoyed...

SirJibAlot_50.jpg

SirJibAlot_49.jpg

and that's it from Cali...i'm flying back to Tokyo on Sat. PEACE!