Jeeezzz... It's like I know every bump and tree by heart. Mmmm Home!

Put up some more pictures if you have any!

I skied every day (yes, just about every single day) of 3 seasons in this place. Well, it was my job, what can I say?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice....I had to drive 2 hours or longer to get up there, looks like you had a 2 minute walk. I lived 100 kilometers, as the crow flies...but much longer in terms of road travel. Still - can't complain - Snow Summit is a great mountain.

it's just the Photo. That one face there (that kinda looks it in that photo {top-Left}) I promise you won't attempt without gathering your courage first. ;\)

But that's not a photo... That's google earth - which is prolly why it looks so flat... Hehehehe I should have set the terrain exaggeration to 4x and then you'd be thinking Snow Summit was the worlds most dangerous and advanced resort! ;P

It's a 410meter incline over a distance of 1,700meters.

The longest run is about 2k as the wheel rolls but if you can do about 200meters of dense woods there's a 3k run. ;\)

This is more like the "feeling" one gets standing at the bottom and looking up. Well kinda... Google earth won't let me place the camera right on the ground so we're still actually viewing it from the top of a 100 story building or so. :p

SnowSummit_002.jpg

\:D

Hehehe... I ain't touching that!

... If I told you how many hours a week I spend observing folks arguing over what's the best CG app... OMG hehe it's a frigging religion.

I'm not saying you or anything... I just thought it was funny seeing that.

Here are a couple of drapes I've done at home using the Japan 50m DEM. This is tairappyo-sennokura. The first is slope angle greyscale over the DEM. This was easy because they fit perfectly.

surface3dhl8.jpg

This is the topo map overlain with slope angle, draped over the DEM. There's no way the contours can be made to follow the DEM faithfully, because the data don't fit together.

tairappyosennokura3d02ch1.jpg

Just got this depressing e-mail from California today....

-----

Winter isn't over yet..we received TEN INCHES of new snow at Sierra Summit just last night! This new snow has only added to our great spring conditions.

-----