• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it snows overnight (and we have rain in town forecast) I wouldn't even consider anywhere else in Yuzawa - Kagura it has got to be. Rain here though may well be snow up there, hope so!

Friend of mine was up there the day before yesterday and said it was quite icy.

YellowSnow - we have a more or less firm plan to go for the day on Monday (which looks good weather wise), but Sunday probably not... that said, if we don't go tomorrow then I will report back here and maybe change plans.

Send me a private message and can discuss further

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's probably raining pretty much all the way up to the peaks at the moment. It's raining and mild in Tokushima at the moment, which means this isn't a winter weather pattern at all. I'd wait a couple days for things to chill out. How about Kagura next Friday? That's when I'll be there. happyglass.gif

I can pretty much go any day, Over 1000m I am sure there will be snow. I was on Kagura last week and the biggest worry is the wind, in case the lifts close again.

Also if you wait until monday everything will be tracked out.

• SnowJapan Admin

The thermometer outside our office here near Yuzawa station is saying 9 at the moment. There's a fair amount of cloud around the mountains and rain is forecast but snow seems unlikely even up there at the moment - maybe tonight? (I hope so!)

Have plans in Tokyo tomorrow night which is why a suffiicently early start on Sunday may not be realistic...that's the trouble.

Whatever the case, Monday looks likely to be better than tonmorrow.

SnowJapan.com#1 - is the forecast for lower temps tomorrow, or more of the same?

Was there on saturday and today. Two very different days (the first like spring and the second like winter), but even saturday was worth the early start. Today was a fair bit of powder on a firm base with the temperatures low enough to cause some icing later on. Plenty of brief excursions off piste and the new K2s are getting better and better the more I get used to them...or am I as they get used to me?

If I can't get others organised for full weekend trips, the 11,200 shinkansen return with day pass approach will definitely be used again

I'm going to Kagura on Friday. I think it will be snowing so I hope to get as much pow as possible. PM if anyone wants to join. Or meet me at the Mitsumata lift (I don't know if that's what its called ---NOT the drangondolla side) shortly before it opens (assuming there's fresh). I've got a yellow shell and dark blue pants. \:\) thumbsup.gif cool.gif

I might go as well if it isn't blizzard, wouldn't mind a day up there and Friday won't be busy.

I think from now with the town resorts being in pretty bad shape, Kagura will be getting busier though as the weeks go by.