Well, here it is.

I`m holding a get together for all the skiers and snowboarders in the Nagano area who actually give a flying fart about the state of the climate.

Its called "Ondanka wa Teki da!" in japanese (Global Warming is the Enemy).

Its basically a get together to watch this years documentary film `Bikecar` and discuss what we can do to help reduce our own impact on global warming in out lives.

Bikecar, in case you didn`t know, is about 2 pros (and one ex-pro) who make a pedal-powered car and go on a road trip through the American NW, hitting 4 resorts. Fun stuff, and not especially ecologically themed, just a fun movie.

There will also be a quiz, with some prizes to give away. I will have some Hillbilly and Ethica wax(no available in Japan yet) and maybe a lift ticket or two to give away.

place- Moriya Hall, 3rd floor above Tully`s Coffee, 5 min walk from Nagano station

time- Feb 24th (Sat) from 7:00

entry fee- 500 yen (just to pay for the hall, any profits will be donated to Greenpeace Japan)

Please tell everyone you know about this. I`m tired of watching bikecar by myself!

for the Japanese, here it is

冬を愛するボーダー・スキーヤーの皆さんにとっ 390;、地球温暖化は怖いだろう?!?

今シーズンの天気はおかしくない?

この地球は僕たちを裏切ってる?

それとも、僕たちは地球を裏切ってるのか?

ウインター・スポーツを保護しよう!(まあ、僕 383;ちの命が頼っている環境を保護するのは当たり前 だろうね)

「温暖化は敵だ」を参加してください!

このエコ・イベントで、温暖化のことをもっと詳 375;く知り、どうやって防げるか、自分の生活ででき ることを考えましょう!

エコ・クイズもあり、地球にやさしいグッズの賞 697;を用意してるよ。

そして、2006年のBikecarというスノ 540;ボード・ドキュメンタリー映画 (Travis  Parker、(Capita)

Louie Fountain(SalomonA 289;、Scotty Whittelake (Li b Tech)というプロ・ライダーの作品)  434;映写する!

Bikecarは、その3人が自分で人力の車を 316;り、1300kmの旅の間に、いろいろなスキー 場で滑るという話です。

場所ー もりやホール(Tully's Coffeeの三階Tower Records

と近い)長野市

日時ー 2007年2月24日(土) 7:00 363;ら

参加費ー 500円 (会場使用料)残りは、Greenpeace

に寄付する

sponsors

草やろー

Hillbilly Waxworks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you told the Tsubu Tsubu Cafe people on the second floor of that building? I think they'd promote the event.

For those that don't know, tsubu tsubu food refers to wild grains like millet and sorghum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
Have you told the Tsubu Tsubu Cafe people on the second floor of that building? I think they'd promote the event.

For those that don't know, tsubu tsubu food refers to wild grains like millet and sorghum.
Mr W, this sounds like a place I'd like to eat at sometime.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Oyuki, the poster is posted in a prominent spot by the cash register at the shop thumbsup.gif
posters in 902 and VEX in hakuba echoland too thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

have some more that AK left i can put up in other places.

sounds like an excellent event oyuki, i'd be really interested in going along! good stuff anti bling boy!

save the whales.... ride a snowboard lol

If anybody wanys to help out, i`d be really stoked. Also, if you know anybody (shops, resorts, etc) that would be interested in flowing some prizes for the event, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Right now, except for some of the wax, its all coming out of my own pocket.

recieved, and replied. Thanks!

And i might talk to Tsubu Tsubu. As a vegetarian, i`ve been thinking about going there anyways.

Thanks again, EBC. If you are ever in the Echoland area again, could you give some posters to the bars? Naughty too, if you are ever up around there.

i also e-mailed Snow japan about this and never heard back. If they happened to have anything to donate, i would be extremely grateful.

I`m also donating the hakuba day ticket i won in the forum giveaway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:

Thanks again, EBC. If you are ever in the Echoland area again,
What do you mean? Don't you know there are not too many days when she is not up there, right BCS?

Not trying to imply anything naughty (but not implying the contrary either), I believe she goes there regularly to workout in a gym.
  • SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
i also e-mailed Snow japan about this and never heard back.
Oyuki kigan. I recall personally replying to the mail you sent us a while back about this. Please remind me of when that was and the email address you used and I will resend what I sent to you.

By the way we are always easy to get in touch with. Please email or PM us before giving the impression that we are not online, we'd appreciate that ;\)

I aplogize is you did indeed write me back, and doubly so for not replying.

i am not sure which address i used, but if it was the same one that i used for this site, then i imagine i mistakenly deleted it with the rest of the snowjapan updates i usually get.

i am really sorry, it was most likely my mistake.

I will pm you this time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:

Thanks again, EBC. If you are ever in the Echoland area again,
What do you mean? Don't you know there are not too many days when she is not up there, right BCS?

Not trying to imply anything naughty (but not implying the contrary either), I believe she goes there regularly to workout in a gym.
tis true BCS is usually either pushing weights in echoland, or falling over outside a bar in echoland... i'll take posters into rockbridge (should have done that last night, was there), 902, master braster, snowed inn, the white horse.... i'll also put the event on my site, when i finally get around to updating it today thumbsup.gif

It's all very hi-tech...and...I have a good line to use when CB calls me a sukebe (again): "It's for your own protection. I'm doing it because you are my friend and I am concerned about you."

I wonder whether that second line sounds familiar. ;\) lol.gif lol.gif

Oops might have to duck a fork/spoon for that one.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
hi-tech?

this sounds interesting... tell me more ;\) lol.gif :p cool.gif happyglass.gif eek.gif
Nothing you haven't heard of. Just satellite cameras scanning the Hakuba areas and zooming in on the places you frequent. And also a few CCTVs in your uchi especially in the otearai. No evil intentions though, just want to check up on the progress of your haemorrhoids. Besides, the camera automatically turns any naughty images into checked-squares. ;\)