• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The market at work?

If the resorts charged 2500 instead of 3500 for a half day pass (where the full day is 4500, typical for a decent sized resort), there'll probably be a lot less pass dodgers. Then again, if the resort were properly calculating costs, the pass dodgers would already be included in the calculations (kinda like how insurance fraud rate is calculated into premiums).

Big faceless corporations vs people who break the house rules..?

Lift ticket dodging vs ducking rope, which is worse?

So the problem is if someone gets on a lift without a pass because he dodged a pass check. Where are these people? I didn't know it was a problem. It's kind of like starting a topic, "Pissing off the quad onto skiers below: Why do it?!" If that happened I'd be really 'pissed' but that's not a problem either as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally posted by ger:
So the problem is if someone gets on a lift without a pass because he dodged a pass check. Where are these people? I didn't know it was a problem. It's kind of like starting a topic, "Pissing off the quad onto skiers below: Why do it?!" If that happened I'd be really 'pissed' but that's not a problem either as far as I know.
lol.gif thats what Ive been thinking
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
What if I lend somebody my season pass, which I payed for, and then got 2000 yen from them? Is that ok?
NO, because that would be giving gaijin's a bad rEP.. MAN WHAT R U THINKING!!!!????
 Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
jeeze, the pass is paid for isn't it?

OK, I can see where this is going.

You'll say something like "I won the pass from SJ's contest so is that a condemnable act"

The gist is, so long as there has been legitimate payment to the resort then fine and good.
I thought passes were non-transferrable (they definately are at US resorts - hense the wicket system). But the chip and shoulderband system certainly invite more lift swapping, selling, auctioning, and other kinds of sorted transactions for a used lift pass (I think this is what CB means by - "in the gondola").

to add to the buying pass great debate.

Day pass costs 4500 with lunch. I can teach my boys in the am and buy a full day pass or I can buy a half day pass for 3,500yen OOOOOR I can buy a USED pass off one of those lunch time crashers for 1500yen (getting 1000 back for the returned pass).

Call me farking cheap if you wish but while the resorts don't ban it then I'll continue to do it.

I have the money to pay for a full day pass or a half day pass but I7ll take the cheap option if it's available.

Japanese people from a snowboard shop told me that you can do this so without their advice I would have neber known.. so much for the cheap gaijin thing.. wankers

I am getting no support for what I think is hurting the ski resorts.

Can people distinguish between what is hurting legitimate businesses and the selfishness/cheapness of individuals who do not want to pay for what they enjoy and so doing take an advantage from the people who depend on the money for living?

Trade, swap give away all the passes you wish, so long as these passes have been paid for.

How difficult is it to distinguish between honesty and just plain stealing?

Thursday, mate I pay my way..

I pay for highways to get to the resort

pay for petrol

pay for the kids tix and swchools

wife tix

and mine

forgive me if someone is offering a cheap alternative to getting half a days fun..

If they traffic was banked on the left side to go straight and you wanted to turn left i guess you' d do the proper thing and sit and wait in line and drink your Dom coz your so above the rest of us, even though you're some many go damn miles away.

again, I'm not cheap.. I just have better places to put my money and my kids will be thanking me for it in the future as it all goes to them.

OK Thursday. Your rhetoric is still a little vague somehow. Is this deliberate? Perhaps you're trolling... or surreptitiously doing a little linguistic research on internet discourse or something. Has this been passed by the ethics committee?? Where's my release form? Anyway, it seems pretty clear that you're saying swapping or buying from a skier who's had enough is OK because the pass has been paid for, but somehow counterfieting, or just 'dodging' the checker is bad. I'll agree with that but I want a little support for my own movement to put an immediate end to pissing off the lifts. When I brought it up, the riff-raff threatened to defecate on me! shifty.gif eek.gif

Surely you trolling,

But damn brah WTF are you talkin about? How can you be concerned about the resorts not making money but say it`s cool to buy a used pass. Sure the pass was payed for by one person, but it still takes money from the resort. When you buy a used pass the resort makes nothing, it`s the exact same as not paying at all to the resort. When you go to Bamiyan and get the drink bar is it cool to share it between two people? Is Starbucks cool if you drink half your frap. and go selling the remainder out front? Is it cool if you rent bowling shoes and sell them off to someone when you leave? no, no, and no right?

Don`t take me wrong cause I used to be a real ****in dirtbag. I used to never pay for passes till I get caught skiing without one then go out to the parking lot, switch steeze, clip someone elses ticket and JB weld that shit together, I used to always drink out of the faucet in the bathroom, dig cups out the trash and get a refill, make Tomato soup out of Ketchup packets, and go to any random person in the cafeteria and say "are you gonna eat that?" or "let me get a bite out of that?" All said just so you know where I`m coming from. My reasoning was always Shit, if the lifts are running anyway, what`s the differance if I`m here or not. Sure I didn`t pay, but nobodys using that chair anyways, if I wasn`t here it would just go up empty.

Thursday have you actually skied/boarded in Japan?

By and large, lift ticked dodging is almost non existent that is why nobody is listening to you.

Because almost everybody takes packages. For example one day round trip on a Shinkansen from Shinjuku to Gala would cost \13,000 plus around 5000 for the lift ticket.

But if you book a package from the JR travel center you can get it for \12,000 with free lift ticket.

What incentive do you have for ticket dodging?

I have been on 4 ski trips this year. All packages and I have been quite happy about the price. On all the packages I wouldn't of been able get there cheaper.

Package #1 2 days 1 night in Nozawa by odakyu bus Total price \2,2000

Package #2 Naeba day trip on Shinkansen \1,2000

Package #3 3 Days to all 3 mountains near Tagamagahara (shiga) Odakyu Buss \2,1000 (group of 5 people)

Package #4 Gala via Shinkansen, \1,1000

The only people that would have incentive to dodge tickets would be the people that live in that area.

If you live in Nozawa, then you would be paying tax which keeps Nozawas industry alive, its not a huge loss. And many hardcore skiiers here would probably climb to the top so they can ski out of season.

Thursday again do you actually live in Japan or just a forum junkie?

Ok, too many flames to answer before my coffee.

Yellowsnow, (I thought you were banned for accusing people of special treatmenting others - welcome back anyway) if you look on the bottom of my post, it says location: Hong Kong. I don't think that's a part of Japan, although it was very close during the war.

Everyone: :middlefingergremlin:

Well this is Snow Japan, the section is Snow Talk, i.e. What is happening on Japanese Resorts.

It is not called Sand Guangzhou or Coal Mine Mountain Guangzhou. i.e. sliding down a pile of Coal Mine Dust in a barrel.

I don't think you need lift tickets for the latter.

So who are these lift ticked Dodgers you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Well this is Snow Japan, the section is Snow Talk, i.e. What is happening on Japanese Resorts.

It is not called Sand Guangzhou or Coal Mine Mountain Guangzhou. i.e. sliding down a pile of Coal Mine Dust in a barrel.

I don't think you need lift tickets for the latter.
So who are these lift ticked Dodgers you are talking about?
yellowsnow I find your post offensive.