• SnowJapan Admin

I did a few hours at Kagura today and it wasn't particularly windy up there and the lifts seemed to be moving normal speed. I shared the gondola with a patrol guy who was very surprised at Gala being closed today, it is curious.

Decent conditions up at Kagura and not many people \:\)

Sounds rather suspicious. You'd think they would want to be open on a fine day like today was.

On the Gala site now they are saying that it might be windy enough tomorrow as well to affect lift operations and they'll announce whether they will open or not before 7am. Just taking a quick look at yahoo weather it doesn't seem to be saying it will be particularly windy tomorrow. confused.gif (and unfortunately it says rain)

So they have now been closed for 3 days on the run? Sounds very fishy indeed. If they are going to close on days like today and Friday they might as well not bother opening at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#1:
Lets car. Take some pics, will ya?
I think this is the best pick I took last weekend.
9:17 Sunday morning from the top of Nakaone (yes we hike up fast! :p )

The sun just came up and started warming the earth, so you get all the fog rising up from the valey.
Sontagsmorgenruhe
tsondaboy_17.jpg

Where did you start that climb tsondaboy? Nice photo.

I'd love to know what was appening at Gala - 3 days it was closed and they said it was the wind each day. I just can't see that, it didn't even seem borderline.

Hey and was it crowded up there?

Yes it was crowded up there, both groomers and BC by idiots!

I got a feeling first hand this weekend what montoya was complaining about in an other thread.

Top of the mountain sometime after 12:00, 2 guys complete beginners that came through the broken path on bare foot and with their boards on their hands (obviously no packs etc)、diving into an death trap... shifty.gif

Also some time after that I intervened in a conversation nearby, that was going something like this:

first guy- hi good morning have you done any runs yet?

Second guy- no, actually it is my first day in BC

first guy- oh, I see, I am also new in this area and a bit lost do you know which way to get off the mountain?

second guy- sorry I don’t know, its my first day EVER in BC.

Jeeeesus!!!! eek.gif

• SnowJapan Admin

I've been away for a while and not had a chance to speak with them since last week. I'm basically just mostly hearing the same official stories about the wind and them being cautious. After the incident a few weeks ago I believe they had to close for a day when some government inspectors were there for an explanation and to check things out.