Last week in one of those over-trendy board shops near Ochanamizu I saw a device that made me curious.. it looked like a small yellow version of an Iron Lung, for snowboards and skiis.. it opens up like a coffin and has a couple small viewing windows so you can see the board getting heated. Is this a new contraption? or has it been around for years!? what does it do actually? heat the wax up for better retention?

Also I went to the super sale at the Tokyo Dome friday and there were loads of board/ski stuff for sale. And another thing got me curious. All the people who wanna become a cool ultra-hip snowboarder over night, bought a board and went to stand in this long line.. I went to the front of the line and there were 3 machines that looked like weight scales with 2 foot pads about 30cm apart. It calculates exact and precise measurements for individual stances from a persons wight/height and how to angle and mount bindings to a snowboard!!!! How LAME! stance should NOT be told by a computer.. it is felt, tweaked and adjusted on the mountain. sure technology is making things great.. but no computer can tell each person how they should stand on a snowboard.. it is up to your style and conditions of the snow.. Now what are those beginners gonna do when they hit a powder day and dont know to move thier stance back?! I'll be blasting past them laughing.. confused.gif

Come on Toque man, not all us snowboarders are silly, just the posers!!! ;\)

They really make me angry too!!!!!

I can be really kind understanding and compassionate with newcomers on the slopes, after all I was not born with the board strapped on my feet; all of us were new to the sport at some time. But definitely I cannot put up with posers or in general people with attitude. mad.gif

Fare enough. Allow me to add something on your statement though.

Some snowboarders and skiers are silly. ;\)

As I said previously, it is just the attitude of the person that makes him silly and not the sport he is doing i.e. skiing or snowboarding etc.

If you believe in general that snowboarding as a sport is silly I would like to hear your arguments.

Out of curiosity only, why is everyone in this forum against snowblading? confused.gif

What makes it so inappropriate for the slopes? I can understand myself that:

snowblading + backcountry = death wish eek.gif

but why doesn`t it fit on normal hardpacked slopes?

I have never tried snowblading so I have no clue how it works. wakaranai.gif

sing it with me!

"'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.

Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.

Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.

If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me."

snowler blades have their place but true skiers will never touch em cause they can only do so much. Every begginer should spend a day on them then move into skis if they so desire. Im sorry but I dont want to ski on free days withpeople on snowler blades

I saw a great sticker last year that said "Skiing is for little fat boys".

But seriously, whats the hardest part about skiing?

Telling your parents you're gay.

(i'm sorry if i offended anyone. We all know gay people have too much style to ski anyways)

And whats the difference between a snowboard beginner and an instructor?

About 4 days.

the difference skiers did everything first. Corbetts first. sudans first. alaska first. chads gap first.

also skiers go bigger and do way harder tricks.

the lowest jumping skier in the x games half pipe was equal to the highest jumping snowboarder at the same games in the same pipe. smoke that in your pipe.

Quote:
Originally posted by connackers:
we should all unite and become monoskiers
... and bludgeon those tools who believe that snowblades and ski bikes are real forms of riding! :p

(Why is it that when snowboarders go down difficult runs sideways they actually believe they've accomplished the run? To a skier that's akin to ski school snowploughing. Face and lean forward Dudes, then you'll know why all skiers are champions!) ;\)