my name is caleab and a friend and i are going to be in japan in a few weeks. we are trveling from lake tahoe in the 25th. we want to ride somewhere that has a good park. we have no idea how to speak japanese and no idea of how to get anywhere. if anyone can help us out, please do. thank you.

i think i am going to be landing in neiseko. is that even a place out there? i dont know. i just know i am supposed to be staying in tokyo. i dont really know my budget. whatever works.

i was also wondering about the transportation. is there a train i can take to one of the resorts?

and not only park. thats just what i am used to.

two sentences you should learn;

Biiru, futatsu o kudasai.

and

toire wa doko desu ka?

other than that, don't panic. perhaps tens of thousands of non-japanese come here and don't have a drop of japanese ability. but please do be patient and try your hardest when you're tired and exhausted not to get frustrated. If you make some failed attempts at their language, you will find them very friendly and willing to help you, in english.

trains, again, budgeted? your fastest will be the shinkansen (bullet train). Niseko is pretty far north of tokyo/narita. you may even consider flying. Are you working iwth a travel agent or interneting it on your own?

Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
You staying in Tokyo or Hokkaido?

-SJA
why d'ya ask? what's the difference?
Well Tokyo is mid way down the island of Honshu and Hokkaido is north of Hoshu. A fair bit of difference and distance.

If you are flying into Tokyo then the resorts around Nagano are easliy accessable via the shinkansen.

If you come to Hokkaido you'll be landing at Chitose airport and Niseko is a couple of hours away by bus.