Thanks, bushie, appreciated. I hadn't seen it before. It's on another thread? That thing should get deleted as far as I'm concerned. I hope whoever posted it will consider the women on board. I'm not going to bother reading that thread.

Things like that totally turn me off hanging out here and posting. Lately I have been staying more low key as a result.

Quote:
Originally posted by samurai:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
yeah, but I don't want face shots at all...
choosing to sink in a turn (while having the skills to float again) is a very fun thing to do. If you haven't discovered that yet, look forward to learning it. Deep, over-the-head snow rocks, assuming you have the skills to float your way out of the turn and avoid the awful swimming tragedies.
Sorry, I haven't discovered that yet nor do I intend to :p I am of the snowboard persuasion after all. We get to enjoy the unearthly floating sensation (much more than skiers since we have more board surface area), in addition to our secret pleasures of slashes and big fat wheelies. but whatever, skis are good at some things and snowboards are good at others. This doesn't change the fact that I don't like a face full of snow. and yes, I can give myself face shots in pow with a snowboard so I know 'the feeling' and while, yes, every now and then it gives you a 'yeah! I'm ripping it in pow' feeling, it also gives you a cold, wet face and snow in your goggle vents.
 Quote:
Sorry, I We get to enjoy the unearthly floating sensation (much more than skiers since we have more board surface area), [/QB]
Actually, you may be surprised how much surface area modern pow skis have. (quite possibly more than many snowboards--- but that's all relative and hardly able to be argued effectively, you'd have to compare length/weight-to-length/weight. I doubt teh biggest board has more surface area than the biggest pair of skis.)
Do you really avoid face-shots due to snow in your goggle vents, or 'a cold face'? eek.gif
I can't imagine that. Is that an OCD issue?

(How big is your schwartz?)

on a snowboard, if your nose digs into the snow you're going to crash. Therefore when we ride pow our noses are out of the snow and we don't get face shots. The only way to give yourself a faceshot is to do a semi stop. There is no reason to do one on an open face. In trees if i run into a dead end and have to slam on the brakes I might cause a big spray that covers me. That is a snowboard faceshot. I don't think that's what you're talking about from a skier's viewpoint.

Can you explain how a skier causes a faceshot?

earlier in this thread Sanno, a skier, agreed with me that getting a wet face doesn't equal fun

Quote:
 Quote:
Sorry, I We get to enjoy the unearthly floating sensation (much more than skiers since we have more board surface area),
Actually, you may be surprised how much surface area modern pow skis have. (quite possibly more than many snowboards--- but that's all relative and hardly able to be argued effectively, you'd have to compare length/weight-to-length/weight. I doubt teh biggest board has more surface area than the biggest pair of skis.)
Do you really avoid face-shots due to snow in your goggle vents, or 'a cold face'? eek.gif

(How big is your schwartz?) [/QB]
mmmmmm.......
Very rough average of a snowboard would be 163cm long by 27.5cm wide (tip roughly 30cm waist roughly 25cm).
approx 4200cm squared.
Lets compare!

the wet face isn't the goal, it's the result of a deep/steep section, or submarining after an air into bottomless 4% water-content snow. lol.gif

This thread is the first time I've heard someone complain about snow in their goggle vents.

I've heard snowboarders gauff at skiers for liking their face shots, but I've never heard about snowboarders actually avoiding them. just seems strange and I'm wondering if that is really the case, or just taking the piss.

Quote:
Originally posted by halfmachine:
 Quote:
 Quote:
Sorry, I We get to enjoy the unearthly floating sensation (much more than skiers since we have more board surface area),

(How big is your schwartz?)
mmmmmm.......
Very rough average of a snowboard would be 163cm long by 27.5cm wide (tip roughly 30cm waist roughly 25cm).
approx 4200cm squared.
Lets compare! [/QB]
Perhaps not even the biggest pow skis, but
Tip 160
waist 130
tail 120
average 137

Length 189
189x13.7=2589.... shoot. oh wait 2589x2= 5178 hmmm

again, this debate will never end, just had to get the last word in...

http://www.untracked.com/p1017c2b37-07_k2_pontoon_big_mountain_mcconkey_powder_skis.html
 Quote:
Originally posted by halfmachine:
mmmmmm.......
approx 4200cm squared.
Lets compare!
just did the math, if we were to average out the stuff, my 190cm long 120mm wide skis are the same area as your board. my skis are an average fat ski size. the really big are huge.