The question of nightlife in Hakuba has come up again in another thread so I thought I would give it its own. The main strip of Echoland is looking the goods this year.

Rockbridge

Master Braster

Que Tips

Garage 902 bar

B Bar

Mix Bar

Snowed Inn is still on the cards.

There is another but I don't recall its name ;\)

There is talk of a night shuttle for Hakuba as well which would be great. I will keep you informed.

I don't think I could beat walking into Rockbridge to find the bartender on one side, and his mate on the other side with no shirt on wearing a motorbike helmet, both paraleytic. I love the bars they have there and I truly hope they stay the same this year. Tiny bars with a few people, fun rowdy times.

Qtips was always 1000 yen entry, screw that! I got the feeling it was the place the western locals went to pick up, and yes, hip-hop!

• 4 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by TJ OZ:
The question of nightlife in Hakuba has come up again in another thread so I thought I would give it its own. The main strip of Echoland is looking the goods this year.

Rockbridge
Master Braster
Que Tips
Garage 902 bar
B Bar
Mix Bar
Snowed Inn is still on the cards.
There is another but I don't recall its name ;\)

There is talk of a night shuttle for Hakuba as well which would be great. I will keep you informed.
Update
Snowed Inn will be opening very soon.

The Bar not on the list sorry this came late i the Whitehorse wine bar.

We need to get some of these places onto the hakuba page ive put out stuff but everyone didnt seem all that interested at the time. TJ contact me about this maybe we can convince them together.

Which bar plays the best music? I'm easy, but I really dislike top40, some RnB and electro-pop. A lot of the hirafu bars i went to had appalling music tastes even though the DJs were amusing!)

I like (in no particular order): hip-hop (eg Jurassic 5), classic rock (eg led zepp), modern rock (eg Pearl Jam), breaks (eg The Freestylers), drum n bass (eg Pendulum), house (eg Mark Farina)

Quote:
Originally posted by snosurf:
Which bar plays the best music? I'm easy, but I really dislike top40, some RnB and electro-pop. A lot of the hirafu bars i went to had appalling music tastes even though the DJs were amusing!)

I like (in no particular order): hip-hop (eg Jurassic 5), classic rock (eg led zepp), modern rock (eg Pearl Jam), breaks (eg The Freestylers), drum n bass (eg Pendulum), house (eg Mark Farina)
Rockbridge and White Horse will do requests for anything. Big selections on hard drives.
Master Braster is reggae
902 have a wall of vinyl that you can choose from.
Que tips is dance