From what I know, Malaria is not a disease that Japanese mosquitoes transmit. There's an encephalitis that they do transmit though, but fortunately, it's quite rare.

By the way, what does it have to do with this topic? If it was a joke, I didn't get it. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by coldcat:
Technically speaking, we are still in Autumn. Be patient and hopefully we'll have plenty of snow soon. Last year was a bit of an anomaly since snow came very early.
"Technically speaking", last year was not a "very early" start for Hakuba at least. Dec 3 is about average for the last few years. What was exceptional was how much snow fell in three weeks in December. It was like half a season of snow in one go.

I was in Nagano City yesterday and it was wet, but very mild. You didn't need a coat.
 Quote:
Originally posted by coldcat:
By the way, what does it have to do with this topic? If it was a joke, I didn't get it. \:\)
Chill brah, Are you serious? since when does anything stay on topic?
It has everything to do with this topic anyway. It seemed that the squito's were gone, but since it's warmed up again I've been noticing them all over the damn place.
How long does it take to show symptoms of Malaria anyway?

Last year was late starting here too, but certainly delivered quantity when it came.

The snow level here is down to about 800 metres, so an early season is on. Today was magic, I was outside in shirtsleeves putting up snow protection. According to the forecast, tomorrow I`m going to be working in high winds and snow. I could use another week of fine weather.

24th now ;\)

Seems there is still a lot of color in the mountains of Niigata which I think is later than usual. Kagura is opening tomorrow, if you can call it opening... sounds like a joke to me.